What are your chances of acceptance?
Calculate for all schools, your chance of acceptance.
Your chancing factors
100 Interesting Research Paper Topics for High Schoolers
What’s covered:, how to pick the right research topic, elements of a strong research paper.
- Interesting Research Paper Topics
Where to Get Your Research Paper Edited for Free
Composing a research paper can be a daunting task for first-time writers. In addition to making sure you’re using concise language and your thoughts are organized clearly, you need to find a topic that draws the reader in. CollegeVine is here to help you brainstorm creative topics. Below are 100 interesting research paper topics that will help you engage with your project and keep you motivated until you’ve typed the final period.
You can’t have a good research paper without a good research paper topic. “Good” is subjective and different students will find different topics interesting; however, what’s important is that you find a topic that makes you want to find out more and make a convincing argument. Maybe you’ll be so interested that you’ll want to take it further and submit your paper to a competition!
A research paper is similar to an academic essay but more lengthy and requires more research. This is bittersweet: although it is more work, you can create a more nuanced argument, and learn more about your topic area. Research papers are a demonstration of your research ability and your ability to formulate a convincing argument. How well you’re able to engage with the sources and make original contributions will determine the strength of your paper.
The introduction to a research paper serves two critical functions: it conveys the topic of the paper and illustrates how you will address it. A strong introduction will also pique the interest of the reader and make them excited to read more. Selecting a research paper topic that is meaningful, interesting, and fascinates you is an excellent first step toward creating an engaging paper that people will want to read.
A thesis statement is technically part of the introduction—generally the last sentence of it—but is so important that it merits a section of its own. The thesis statement is a declarative sentence that tells the reader what the paper is about. A strong thesis statement serves three purposes: present the topic of the paper, deliver a clear opinion on the topic, and summarize the points the paper will cover.
An example of a good thesis statement of diversity in the workforce is:
Diversity in the workplace is not just a moral imperative but also a strategic advantage for businesses, as it fosters innovation, enhances creativity, improves decision-making, and enables companies to better understand and connect with a diverse customer base.
The body is the largest section of a research paper. It’s here where you support your thesis, present your facts and research, and persuade the reader.
Each paragraph in the body of a research paper should have its own idea. The idea is presented, generally in the first sentence of the paragraph, by a topic sentence. The topic sentence acts similarly to the thesis statement, only on a smaller scale, and every sentence in the paragraph with it supports the idea it conveys.
An example of a topic sentence on how diversity in the workplace fosters innovation is:
Diversity in the workplace fosters innovation by bringing together individuals with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which stimulates creativity, encourages new ideas, and leads to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems.
The body of an engaging research paper flows smoothly from one idea to the next. Create an outline before writing and order your ideas so that each idea logically leads to another.
The conclusion of a research paper should summarize your thesis and reinforce your argument. It’s common to restate the thesis in the conclusion of a research paper.
For example, a conclusion for a paper about diversity in the workforce is:
In conclusion, diversity in the workplace is vital to success in the modern business world. By embracing diversity, companies can tap into the full potential of their workforce, promote creativity and innovation, and better connect with a diverse customer base, ultimately leading to greater success and a more prosperous future for all.
The reference page is normally found at the end of a research paper. It provides proof that you did research using credible sources, properly credits the originators of information, and prevents plagiarism.
There are a number of different formats of reference pages, including APA, MLA, and Chicago. Make sure to format your reference page in your teacher’s preferred style.
- Analyze the benefits of diversity in education.
- Are charter schools useful for the national education system?
- How has modern technology changed teaching?
- Discuss the pros and cons of standardized testing.
- What are the benefits of a gap year between high school and college?
- What funding allocations give the most benefit to students?
- Does homeschooling set students up for success?
- Should universities/high schools require students to be vaccinated?
- What effect does rising college tuition have on high schoolers?
- Do students perform better in same-sex schools?
- Discuss and analyze the impacts of a famous musician on pop music.
- How has pop music evolved over the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of women in music changed in the media over the past decade?
- How does a synthesizer work?
- How has music evolved to feature different instruments/voices?
- How has sound effect technology changed the music industry?
- Analyze the benefits of music education in high schools.
- Are rehabilitation centers more effective than prisons?
- Are congestion taxes useful?
- Does affirmative action help minorities?
- Can a capitalist system effectively reduce inequality?
- Is a three-branch government system effective?
- What causes polarization in today’s politics?
- Is the U.S. government racially unbiased?
- Choose a historical invention and discuss its impact on society today.
- Choose a famous historical leader who lost power—what led to their eventual downfall?
- How has your country evolved over the past century?
- What historical event has had the largest effect on the U.S.?
- Has the government’s response to national disasters improved or declined throughout history?
- Discuss the history of the American occupation of Iraq.
- Explain the history of the Israel-Palestine conflict.
- Is literature relevant in modern society?
- Discuss how fiction can be used for propaganda.
- How does literature teach and inform about society?
- Explain the influence of children’s literature on adulthood.
- How has literature addressed homosexuality?
- Does the media portray minorities realistically?
- Does the media reinforce stereotypes?
- Why have podcasts become so popular?
- Will streaming end traditional television?
- What is a patriot?
- What are the pros and cons of global citizenship?
- What are the causes and effects of bullying?
- Why has the divorce rate in the U.S. been declining in recent years?
- Is it more important to follow social norms or religion?
- What are the responsible limits on abortion, if any?
- How does an MRI machine work?
- Would the U.S. benefit from socialized healthcare?
- Elderly populations
- The education system
- State tax bases
- How do anti-vaxxers affect the health of the country?
- Analyze the costs and benefits of diet culture.
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on company time?
- What is an adequate amount of exercise for an adult per week/per month/per day?
- Discuss the effects of the obesity epidemic on American society.
- Are students smarter since the advent of the internet?
- What departures has the internet made from its original design?
- Has digital downloading helped the music industry?
- Discuss the benefits and costs of stricter internet censorship.
- Analyze the effects of the internet on the paper news industry.
- What would happen if the internet went out?
- How will artificial intelligence (AI) change our lives?
- What are the pros and cons of cryptocurrency?
- How has social media affected the way people relate with each other?
- Should social media have an age restriction?
- Discuss the importance of source software.
- What is more relevant in today’s world: mobile apps or websites?
- How will fully autonomous vehicles change our lives?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- What are the benefits of daily exercise?
- How has social media affected people’s mental health?
- What things contribute to poor mental and physical health?
- Analyze how mental health is talked about in pop culture.
- Discuss the pros and cons of more counselors in high schools.
- How does stress affect the body?
- How do emotional support animals help people?
- What are black holes?
- Discuss the biggest successes and failures of the EPA.
- How has the Flint water crisis affected life in Michigan?
- Can science help save endangered species?
- Is the development of an anti-cancer vaccine possible?
- What are the effects of deforestation on climate change?
- Is climate change reversible?
- How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect global warming and climate change?
- Are carbon credits effective for offsetting emissions or just marketing?
- Is nuclear power a safe alternative to fossil fuels?
- Are hybrid vehicles helping to control pollution in the atmosphere?
- How is plastic waste harming the environment?
- Is entrepreneurism a trait people are born with or something they learn?
- How much more should CEOs make than their average employee?
- Can you start a business without money?
- Should the U.S. raise the minimum wage?
- Discuss how happy employees benefit businesses.
- How important is branding for a business?
- Discuss the ease, or difficulty, of landing a job today.
- What is the economic impact of sporting events?
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Should male and female athletes receive equal pay?
- What is a fair and equitable way for transgender athletes to compete in high school sports?
- What are the benefits of playing team sports?
- What is the most corrupt professional sport?
Paramount to the success of your research paper is the strength of your argument. Your research should bolster your thesis and you should have multiple reputable sources.
For an extra set of eyes, use CollegeVine’s free peer review essay tool to get feedback from another student! A strong research paper is only made stronger with a second pair of eyes.
Related CollegeVine Blog Posts
58 Good Research Paper Topics for High School Students
June 27, 2023
We’ve all been there: you’re sitting in English or Social Studies, and suddenly your teacher announces those dreaded words: “I’d like you all to pick a topic for your upcoming research paper.” Your stomach lurches as your mind races to think of good research paper topics. Should you write about octopuses or the New York Yankees? Should you write about the history of Barbie and her uber-pink Dreamhouse , or perhaps the evolution of Taylor Swift ’s music career?
We get it: these are hard choices! That’s why we here at College Transitions have compiled the ultimate list to assist you in selecting an excellent research topic.
But First…the All-Important Question: What Makes a Great Topic?
We’re glad you asked! When selecting a topic for your academic research paper, you want to select a compelling topic that immediately grabs the reader’s attention. Just like when choosing a persuasive speech topic or argumentative essay topic , you want to be sure to select a topic that intrigues you personally. This is pivotal for multiple reasons. If you find your topic intriguing, you’ll likely spend more time delving into the subject and gathering information to strengthen your arguments. Additionally, if a topic sparks your curiosity, odds are that your enthusiasm will pique someone else’s interest, too!
The Key to a Good Research Paper: Research
Regardless of the topic you choose, ensure it’s researchable . This means that the subject has sufficient resources for research. Even the most intriguing topic won’t make for a good paper if there’s not much research material out there. Remember: your typical research paper is longer and more in-depth than a regular academic essay. While this means you have more time to explore the topic at hand, it also means that the research paper will rely on more information and analysis of the existing material out there. Before finalizing your topic, make sure to do a preliminary search to guarantee there’s plenty of information out there to help you construct a comprehensive argument, filled with multiple perspectives and facets.
Lastly, and most importantly, follow the guidelines your teacher has laid out. If you focus your paper on pop culture, it certainly won’t meet a historical research paper’s requirement! Before embarking on this thrilling intellectual journey, double-check what type of research paper your teacher wants you to write. To prevent future headaches, clarify any rules or conditions upfront.
Now that we’ve covered these key bullet points of what makes a great research paper topic, let’s delve into some examples of topics:
English Literature Research Topics
1) Discuss the profound cultural impact and enduring relevance of Shakespeare’s plays.
2) What roles does feminism play in canonical literary works such as Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre ?
3) Investigate the use of symbolism and its impacts on the narrative and theme in a chosen novel, such as J.D. Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye or Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn.
4) Analyze the use of dystopian elements and their social commentary embedded in the works of George Orwell.
Good Research Paper Topics (Continued)
5) Analyze the themes , symbolic representations, and societal critiques of the American Dream as depicted in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby .
6) Provide a comprehensive explication of a renowned Shakespearean sonnet or soliloquy, such as this one from Hamlet .
7) Choose a poem such as Robert Frost’s “ The Road Not Taken ” and critically analyze its layered meanings and imagery, as well as their impact on the reader.
Technology Research Topics
- For a more comprehensive list of technology-related research topics, we’ve compiled an entire list for you here !
8) Compare and contrast the various techniques of solar geoengineering. How have these practices progressed over time? In what direction might they continue to evolve?
9) Art has become readily producible and consumable in the era of technology and artificial intelligence. How does this surge in accessibility impact the worth of artwork? Additionally, should we value physical artworks more than those made by programs like OpenAI’s DALL-E?
10) Does the advancement of cellular agriculture potentially threaten the ideas of a “ circular bioeconomy ?” Should we strive to pursue a circular bioeconomy?
11) Some people say that video games are detrimental to mental health or encourage violence. Study and present findings on whether specific categories or genres of video games provide more cognitive enhancement than others.
12) Since the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual appointments and doctor’s visits have increased exponentially. Does the surge in screen time that comes with digital therapeutics negatively affect mental health?
13) Consider mob mentality across social media platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and Instagram. In what instances and in what contexts is such mentality most prevalent?
Environmental Research Topics
- For a more comprehensive list of environmental-related research topics, we’ve compiled the 50 best ones here !
14) Undertake a comprehensive study of the impacts of climate change on ocean currents and the changes in migration patterns of marine species.
15) Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of urban greenspaces . Discuss potential implementation strategies to ensure equitable access to these spaces, particularly for socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
16) Look at the ethical implications surrounding human intervention in conservation efforts for endangered species.
17) Analyze the environmental impacts of the hospitality and travel industries in terms of pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
18) How do agricultural land use practices impact biodiversity and the health of ecosystems? Look at the relationship between farming, habitat degradation, and species survival.
19) Conduct an in-depth analysis of the potential economic repercussions of climate change. Focus on the impacts of climate changes on global agricultural productivity and food security, as well as their associated dynamics in the global economy.
20) Conduct an in-depth exploration of the relationship between supply and demand dynamics and their influence on the market.
21) Analyze the impact of globalization on local economies. Examine both the direct and indirect effects of globalization and assess strategies for local economies to adapt and thrive within this system.
22) Write a research paper that investigates the role of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin in the global economy. What potential do these currencies have to disrupt traditional financial systems? What are their implications for monetary policy?
23) Undertake a study of the impact of China’s economic ascendance on the global economy.
24) Explore the intricate effects of population growth and/or decline on economic systems, considering factors such as labor market dynamics, allocation of resources, and the potential for sustainable development.
Political Science Research Topics
25) Discuss the role of lobbyists in U.S. politics. Scrutinize their influence on policy-making, and discuss the broader implications for democratic representation.
26) What influence does the media have on political elections? Investigate how media coverage shapes public opinion and voter behavior.
27) Analyze the impact of immigration policy on the economy. Examine such policies’ immediate and long-term implications on the labor market and economy.
28) Discuss the role of the Supreme Court in shaping U.S. laws. Focus on the function the Supreme Court plays in establishing legal precedents.
29) Write a research paper examining the concept of free will, its origins, evolution, and implications.
30) Consider the implications of determinism. Look at its impact on individual agency and moral responsibility within the broader framework of philosophical tradition.
31) Undertake an in-depth analysis of happiness in philosophy, considering its interpretations and their influence on real-world practices.
32) Investigate how various philosophies have perceived consciousness through time. Trace this depiction of consciousness through various philosophical movements.
33) Discuss Nietzsche’s concept of the Übermensch, examining its underpinnings and implications.
Psychology research Topics
34) What role does social media play in shaping an individual’s self-esteem?
35) Explore childhood trauma’s long-lasting impact on adult interpersonal relationships and attachment styles.
36) Analyze the critical role that distinct parenting styles play in molding a child’s personality.
37) Research and discuss the psychological effects and health implications of prolonged exposure to stress.
Art Research Topics
38) Discuss the role of the Renaissance period on modern art, doing a side-by-side analysis of works from both eras.
39) Conduct a thorough analysis of the impact of street art on urban culture, examining how it reshapes public spaces and societal narratives.
40) Investigate the influence of Pop Art on modern design. You might focus on Pop Art’s particular impact on interior design and digital media.
41) Explore the role feminist art plays in promoting gender equality. How do feminist artworks challenge traditional gender roles and/or contribute to societal discourse?
Computer Science Research Topics
42) Artificial Intelligence is advancing rapidly. Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of this technology.
43) Discuss whether the use of facial recognition technology violates individuals’ privacy, as well as the broader implications such technology has on societal well-being.
44) Analyze the use of surveillance technology by the government. Is it ethical for the government to use such technology to monitor its citizens?
45) Investigate the rapid development and long-term effects of various social media platforms.
46) Investigate the history of book bans in schools. Discuss the larger cultural and educational impacts such bans have on students and society.
47) Analyze various forms of schooling, from homeschooling to public and private schools. Consider the implications of each on a child’s education and social skills.
48) Write a research paper examining the use of affirmative action or other race-conscious policies on college campuses. Discuss the impact such policies have, as well as potential benefits and drawbacks.
49) Consider the impact of standardized testing on student performance.
Government and Law Research Topics
50) Consider the role that intellectual property and copyright laws play in innovation.
51) Investigate the impact of anti-trust laws on big corporations. What are the economic effects of these laws?
52) Study the role that law enforcement plays in community safety.
53) Consider the legalization of marijuana on crime rates. Discuss the impact this legalization has had on various communities, as well as its benefits and drawbacks.
History Research Topics
54) Analyze the influence of the Civil Rights movement on modern America. How did this movement shape racial, social, and political dynamics in America?
55) Investigate how the French Revolution reshaped political structures and ideologies across Europe.
56) Analyze the significance of the fall of the Berlin Wall and how it marked a shift in the global balance of power.
57) Delve into the effects of the Cold War, as well as its impacts on global politics.
58) Examine the role that women played during World War II and what impact these roles had on challenging gender norms.
I’ve Got My Topic: What Now?
Once you’ve selected your topic, begin brainstorming ways to shape and craft your argument. Here’s one structure your research paper might take:
- Introduction: The introduction presents your research topic to readers and provides a roadmap for the paper ahead.
- Thesis Statement: Craft a compelling thesis statement summarizing your paper’s central arguments.
- Body : The body of the paper is where your carefully conducted research comes into play. Each paragraph should follow the previous one, building a logical progression of thoughts.
- Conclusion: In your conclusion, you reiterate the points you made in your paper and provide a closing paragraph to neatly tie up any last thoughts.
- Reference Page: This is where you credit your sources.
Once you’ve followed this structure, you’re on your way to crafting an excellent research paper. Of course, don’t let pesky typos undermine your hours of hard work and writing. Make sure to always proofread your work before turning it in. And if you’re passionate about research and writing, don’t stop there. Check out these summer programs for writing and journalism so that you can continue to fuel your passion.
- High School Success
With a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from Columbia University and an MFA in Fiction from the Michener Center for Writers at the University of Texas at Austin, Lauren has been a professional writer for over a decade. She is the author of the chapbook A Great Dark House (Poetry Society of America, 2023) and a forthcoming novel (Viking/Penguin).
- 2-Year Colleges
- Application Strategies
- Big Picture
- Career & Personality Assessment
- College Essay
- College Search/Knowledge
- College Success
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Extracurricular Activities
- Graduate School Admissions
- High Schools
- Law School Admissions
- Medical School Admissions
- Navigating the Admissions Process
- Online Learning
- Summer Programs
“Innovative and invaluable…use this book as your college lifeline.”
— Lynn O'Shaughnessy
Nationally Recognized College Expert
College Planning in Your Inbox
Join our information-packed monthly newsletter.
Sign Up Now
50+ High School Research Paper Topics to Ace Your Grades
Research papers are common assignments in high school systems worldwide. It is a scientific term that refers to essays where students share what they’ve learned after thoroughly researching one specific topic. Why do high schools impose them?
Writing a well-structured and organized research paper is key to teaching students how to make critical connections, express understanding, summarize data, and communicate findings.
Students don’t only have to come up with several high school research paper topics, choose one, and produce a research paper. A good topic will help you connect with the evaluating public, or in this case, your professors and classmates. However, many students struggle with finding the right high school research topics.
This is why we’ve put together this guide on choosing topics for a high school research paper and over 50 topic ideas you can use or get inspired with.
How to Choose High School Research Paper Topics
Since you are about to go through over 50 high school research topics, you might get overwhelmed. To avoid it, you need to know how to choose the right research paper topic for you.
The most important thing to consider is the time needed to complete a paper on a particular topic. Too broad topics will wear you out, and you might fail to meet the deadline. This is why you should always stick to, shall we say, not-too-broad and well-defined topics.
Since you will spend some time researching and writing, you need to consider your motivation too. Choosing a topic that you find interesting will help you fuel your research and paper writing capabilities. If your efforts turn out to be futile and the deadline is dangerously close, you can always look for a research paper for sale to ace your grade.
Most Interesting & Easy Research Topics for High School students
Since there are many research paper ideas for high school students, we didn’t want to just provide you with a list. Your interest is an essential factor when choosing a topic. This is why we’ve put them in 8 categories. Feel free to jump to a category that you find the most engaging. If you don’t have the time, here at StudyClerk, we are standing by to deliver a completely custom research paper to you.
If you are interested in education, you should consider choosing an education research topic for high school students. Below you can find ten topics you can use as inspiration.
- Should High Schools Impose Mandatory Vaccination On Students?
- The Benefits Of Charter Schools For The Public Education System
- Homeschooling Vs. Traditional Schooling: Which One Better Sets Students For Success
- Should Public Education Continue To Promote Diversity? Why?
- The Most Beneficial Funding Programs For Students
- The Effects Of The Rising Price Of College Tuitions On High School Students
- Discuss The Most Noteworthy Advantages And Disadvantages Of Standardized Testing
- What Are The Alternatives To Standardized Testing?
- Does Gap Year Between High School And College Set Students For Success?
- Identify And Discuss The Major Benefits Of Group Projects For High Schoolers
World history is rich, fun, and engaging. There are numerous attractive topics to choose from. If history is something that has you on your toes, you’ll find the following world history research topics for high school fascinating.
- The Origin Of The Israel-Palestine Conflict And Possible Resolutions
- The History Of The USA Occupation Of Iraq
- Choose A Famous Assassinated World Leader And Discuss What Led To The Assassination
- Discuss A Historical Invention And How It Changed The Lives Of People Worldwide
- Has The World’s Leading Countries’ Response To Climate Change Improved Or Declined Over The Last Decade?
- How The President Of Belarus Manages To Stay In Power For Over 25 Years
- Which Event In World History Had The Most Impact On Your Country?
Many governments worldwide work on increasing mental health awareness. The following mental health topics for high school research papers will put you in a position to contribute to this very important movement.
- Discuss The Main Ways Stress Affects The Body
- Can Daily Exercises Benefit Mental Health? How?
- Should More Counselors Work In High Schools? Why?
- Discuss The Major Factors That Contribute To Poor Mental And Physical Well-Being
- In What Ways Has The Worldwide Pandemic Affected People’s Mental Health?
- Explore The Relationship Between Social Media And Mental Health Disorders
- How The Public School System Cares For The Mental Health Of Students
- What Is The Most Effective Psychotherapy For High Schoolers?
Science is one of those fields where there is always something new you can research. If you need a science research topic for high school students, feel free to use any of the following.
- How Can Civilization Save Coral Reefs?
- What Are Black Holes, And What Is Their Role?
- Explain Sugar Chemistry That Enables Us To Make Candies
- What Are The Biggest Successes Of The Epa In The Last Decade?
- Is There A Way To Reverse Climate Change? How?
- What Solutions Does Science Offer To Resolve The Drinking Water Crisis In The Future?
Many teenagers find inspiration in music, so why not choose some music high school research paper topics.
- In What Way Music Education Benefits High School Students?
- How Famous Musicians Impact Pop Music
- Classification Of Music Instruments: Discuss The Sachs-Hornbostel System
- Did Sound Effect Technology Change The Music Industry? How?
- How Did Online Streaming Platforms Help Music Evolve?
- How Does Music Software Emulate Sounds Of Different Instruments?
Healthcare finance research topics
Healthcare and finance go hand in hand. Shining light on some exciting correlations between these two fields can be engaging. Here are some topics that you can consider.
- How Can Patient Management Systems Save Money In Hospitals?
- The Pros And Cons Of The Public Healthcare System
- Should Individuals Or The Government Pay For Healthcare?
- What Is Obama-Care And How It Benefits Americans?
- The Most Noteworthy Developments In The History Of Healthcare Financing
Our environment has been a hot topic for quite some time now. There is a lot of research to back up your claims and make logical assumptions. Here are some environmental high school research topics you can choose from.
- What Is The Impact Of Offshore Drilling On The Environment?
- Do We Need Climate Change Legislation? Why?
- Are Ecotourism And Tropical Fishing Viable Ways To Save And Recuperate Endangered Areas And Animals?
- The Impact Of Disposable Products On The Environment
- Discuss The Benefits Of Green Buildings To Our Environment
- Find And Discuss A Large-Scale Recent Project That Helped Restore Balance In An Area
Many students struggle with having to find good entrepreneurship research paper ideas for high school. This is why we’ve developed a list of topics to inspire your research.
- What Is Entrepreneurship?
- Are People Born With An Entrepreneurial Spirit, Or Can You Learn It?
- Discuss The Major Entrepreneurship Theories
- Does Entrepreneurship Affect The Growth Of The Economy?
- Which Character Traits Are Commonly Found In Successful Entrepreneurs?
- The Pros And Cons Of Having A Traditional Job And Being An Entrepreneur
- Discuss Entrepreneurship As One Of The Solutions To Unemployment
- What Is Crowdfunding, And How It’s Related To Entrepreneurship
- The Most Common Challenges Entrepreneurs Face
- How Social Media Made A Lot Of Successful Entrepreneurs
Hopefully, you’ll find these high school research paper topics inspirational. The categories are there to help you choose easily. Here at StudyClerk, we know how hard it is to complete all assignments in time and ace all your grades. If you are struggling with writing, feel free to contact us about our writing services , and we’ll help you come on top of your research paper assignment no matter how complex it is.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
Beyond the Classroom: High School Research Paper Topics
High school is a time of intellectual growth and discovery, where students are encouraged to delve into various subjects and develop their critical thinking skills. One valuable aspect of high school education is the research paper, which offers students the opportunity to explore a topic of interest in depth and engage in independent study. However, selecting a compelling research paper topic can be a daunting task for many students. In this blog post, we will present an extensive list of exciting high school research paper topics across various disciplines. From history to science, literature to technology, we aim to inspire young minds and provide them with the necessary guidance to embark on an engaging research journey.
What is a research paper?
A research paper is a comprehensive academic document that presents the findings, analysis, and interpretation of original research conducted on a specific topic. It is a formal piece of writing that aims to contribute new knowledge, insights, or arguments to a particular field of study.
Research papers are typically written in a structured format and follow a specific set of guidelines. They are commonly written by students, scholars, or researchers as a part of their academic or professional pursuits. The process of writing a research paper involves conducting thorough research, analyzing data, and presenting well-supported arguments or hypotheses.
How can research papers benefit you?
Writing research papers can greatly benefit an individual in many ways, all of which pertain to life-long skills that can be greatly utilized in the future.
Engaging in research and writing a research paper promotes critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and intellectual growth. It requires you to analyze information, evaluate sources, and draw logical conclusions, enhancing your ability to think critically and independently.
Interested in our online AI coding program for middle & high school students? Enter your email below for program enrollment, updates & more!
Research papers allow you to delve deep into a specific topic of interest. Through extensive research and analysis, you gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter, becoming an expert in that particular area.
CONTRIBUTION TO KNOWLEDGE:
By conducting original research and sharing your findings through a research paper, you contribute to the body of knowledge in your field. Your research may provide new insights, challenge existing theories, or propose innovative ideas, thereby advancing the understanding of a particular subject.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
Writing research papers is a common requirement in academic settings. Successfully completing research papers demonstrates your ability to conduct independent research, effectively communicate your ideas, and adhere to academic standards. These skills are highly valued in educational and professional contexts.
Publishing research papers can enhance your academic and professional reputation. It demonstrates your expertise in a specific area, strengthens your credentials, and can open doors to new opportunities such as grants, scholarships, fellowships, or job offers.
NETWORKING AND COLLABORATION:
Research papers often involve collaboration with other researchers, leading to networking opportunities. Collaborative research can broaden your perspectives, expose you to different methodologies and approaches, and foster connections within your field of study.
Some Ideas for Research Paper Topics
History and social science:.
(according to careerkarma.com)
Religion in Ancient Greece
Causes of the American Revolution
American Neutrality in World War Ⅰ
Effects of the Allies’ Occupation of Germany
Ronald Reagan and the End of the Cold War
Political, Economic, and Social Causes of the French Revolution
The Legacy of Alexander the Great
Rise of the Catholic Church as a Political Institution in the Middle Ages
Impact of the Industrial Revolution on Working-Class Families
The Role of Martin Luther King Jr in the Civil Rights Movement
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
(according to papercoach.net)
Will Technology Save Sears
How Donating Blood Can Help Others
The Innovative Reproduction Technologies
The Introduction To Genetics
How Does Nutritional Habits Can Affect The Human Body
The Benefits Of Composting
Pros And Cons Of Using Fertilizers
The Dangers Of Viruses
The Mutation Of Viruses
The Role Of Penicillin In Biology
LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE:
(according to thisishelpers.com)
The Influence of European Culture in the Midwest Literature.
The Differences Between the Literature of Different Countries.
The Effect of European Culture on Modern Literature.
The Impact of Feminism on Modern Culture.
Evaluate Japanese Literature in the 20th Century.
Social Factors that Necessitate Language Variation and Varieties
What are the Attitudes to Language Among Different Societies?
The Relationship Between Language and Identity
A Critical Evaluation of Language and Ethnicity
Analyzing Language Attrition Among Most English Speakers
MATHEMATICS AND ECONOMICS:
(according to greatassignmenthelp.com)
What is the Minimum Overlap Problem?
Define an Abelian Group.
Describe the Bernoulli Scheme.
When a Trigonometric Series is Called a Fourier Series?
The Basic Properties of Holomorphic Functions.
Trade Policies and Public Economics.
Impact of Public Enterprises’ Privatization on Economic Policy and Development
Analyze the Relationship Between Unemployment and Economic Growth in South African Countries
Discuss the Impact of Inflation and Deflation on Interest Rates and Consumption
Compare and Contrast Neoclassical, Marxian, and Keynesian Theories of Economics
Choosing a research paper topic can be an exciting journey for high school students, allowing them to explore their passions and develop valuable skills. The topics presented in this blog post are intended to inspire and guide students as they embark on their research endeavors. Whether in history, science, literature, or economics, the world offers a multitude of captivating subjects waiting to be explored. Remember to select a topic that sparks your curiosity and offers ample resources for research. Embrace the opportunity to engage in independent study, critical thinking, and academic exploration.
About Inspirit AI
AI Scholars Live Online is a 10 session (25-hour) program that exposes high school students to fundamental AI concepts and guides them to build a socially impactful project. Taught by our team of graduate students from Stanford, MIT, and more, students receive a personalized learning experience in small groups with a student-teacher ratio of 5:1.
By Hansika Kolli, Inspirit AI Ambassador
The Significance of Mental Health Awareness in High School
A palette of expression: the congressional art competition.
200 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2023
The discussion you have started should be provoking and intriguing. If your statement is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
Writing a research paper may seem challenging, even though it is a substantial part of everyday student life. You are required to write at least one research paper in a semester for the majority of your subjects.
Do not underestimate research projects. They will demand a lot of time and effort from you. At the same time, do not let your research paper give you anxiety or hurt your overall studies.
To minimize worries and stress while working on the research paper, you must be confident in your topic. There are times when you are assigned the topic, but more frequently, you will have to create one yourself.
The discussion you start should be thought-provoking and intriguing. If your content is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
How to Select the Best Research Paper Topic?
When choosing your research paper topic, you need to make sure it is neither boring nor overdone. An interesting and innovative topic will intrigue your readers and motivate them to read the entire piece. But if you don’t know how to create a topic on your own, use the help of our editors.
Here are some things to consider when selecting an appropriate topic:
The Field Of Your Interest
It’s no secret that you will not be able to write a good insightful research paper if you are not interested in the subject overall, or in the topic in general. On the other hand, if the topic is linked to the field of your interest, you can consider yourself lucky.
Passion and interest in a topic will make it easier to explore the theme and write about it. If you enjoy science, you should be able to talk non-stop about it. The same goes for writing about it.
A Topic Should Be Clear
You need to be sure to understand everything clearly when you choose an essay topic . Do not hesitate to ask questions if there are some unclear points. The more you understand, the simpler it is for you to write a successful research paper. You need to show the readers that you’re a master of the topic and not a confused newbie who does not know what you’re talking about.
Be Precise And Specific
You need to completely understand that you are not writing a descriptive essay. A research paper is an accurate and thorough work, which is based on facts. You cannot waterdown your text. Your statement should be supported with examples or references to other reputable research and academic work.
How innovative can you be when discussing The French Revolution or Pearl Harbor? However, an innovative approach can give you the edge among other students. A topic should address the matter from a different and surprising perspective. With a deep investigation, you may even find the little known facts that can blow your readers’ minds. This approach will intrigue your readers and will make you research paper stand out..
Visit Edusson Samples to brainstorm possible research paper topics and find relevant paper examples. It is 1000+ papers database. Besides samples, you can find excellent writing tools such as Plagiarism Checker, Title Page Maker and many more.
Ideas for Research Paper Topics
Without a good topic, writing a research paper can be a student’s worst nightmare. So, how do you come up with one? There are dozens of ways to brainstorm, such as discussing with classmates, reading topic prompts, sample papers, magazines, journals, blogs, or books.
Research Paper Topic by Category
Here are some examples of topics you may choose:
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
You have to present facts to demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic. Your introduction and concluding paragraph must be equally strong. Take a look at the following argumentative research topics examples:
- Are athletes good role models?
- Is the minimum wage too high?
- Homelessness: Who is to blame?
- Do we need shorter working weeks?
- What is the ideal age of consuming alcohol?
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
As a speaker or writer, it is your responsibility to persuade the reader about an issue. Persuasive writing, therefore, should move people and shake their emotions. If, for example, you want to convince people coffee is good for their bodies, then you must do it artistically, and convincingly.
Take a look at these examples of persuasive research topics:
- Using animals to conduct research experiments is wrong.
- Parents should monitor the websites their children visit.
- Domestic gender violence is on the rise.
- Children’s exposure to media: Do parental controls work?
- There are many cybercrimes today, and they are going to increase.
- America should adopt a policy of non-involvement in global conflicts.
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
There are people who like to court controversy whenever they say or do something, more so in public. A good example here is an activist. Whether it is advocacy for gay rights or same-sex marriage, writing on issues like these can be painstakingly difficult. So, you need a strong topic right from the beginning. Controversial topics for a research paper like the following will most certainly get you moving in the right direction:
- Gay partners and child adoption.
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview.
- Violence in media content.
- STEM subjects should be mandatory.
- Sex education in middle school.
- Should homework be abolished?
Are you having a hard time looking for a comprehensive research paper topic? Try to find the best one by using our topic generation tool.
Best Research Paper Topics 2023
Maybe you have picked a research topic from the above categories for your paper. However, a good college student knows you need a plan B. So here are some other great topics.
- Is college education in line with the job market?
- Should colleges be faith-based institutions?
- Should universities have special accommodation facilities for the disabled?
- How has the institution of marriage changed in the postmodern world?
- Is there a difference between a man’s and a woman’s heart?
- What are the possible health benefits of childbearing and parenting?
- Exploring unfair child labor in the workplace.
- The significance of ethics to business and how to control bad behavior.
- How is cross-border BPO affecting the gross domestic product in your country?
- Which companies will make it to the top 5 best in the next decade?
- Terrorism and how it affects businesses.
- Are universities becoming business-driven?
- Causes of data rape and how to prevent it.
- Should licensed gun holders be allowed to carry their weapons to school?
- Ex-convicts and job searching. Is it difficult finding employment?
- Should colleges pay student-athletes and how should they do it?
- What should be the basis of workplace promotion: seniority, degree, or performance evaluation?
- The significance of search engine optimization on businesses today.
- Should women be allowed into extreme sports?
- Is feminism changing American society?
Research Paper Topics By Level of Education
Notably, topic difficulty or complexity varies with the level of education. A graduate student will write a high school essay with great ease, while the reverse will result in a lot of difficulties on the part of the student.
In this post, we also help you choose topics based on your academic level while keeping in mind that research paper writing lends credence to student performance.
The research paper topics can often be overwhelming, and to make the process easier and more reliable, many students look for APA format paper writing services . The services are beneficial and provide access to professional knowledge in writing a research paper and ensure that all guidelines are followed.
High School Research Paper Topics
If you are a student in high school, here is a list of topics that you may consider:
- Should the government legalize the use of smartphones in high school classrooms?
- Leadership training in high school.
- Are secondary schools doing enough in harnessing the debating skills of students?
- Explore Plato’s philosophy of mathematics.
College Research Paper Topics
Next, here are some college research paper topics to choose from. They include the following:
- Explore the design and construction of thermal plants around the globe.
- Analyze how the free software movement is positively transforming the world.
- Analyze cognitive development in children.
- How does the government assess the health care needs of communities?
- Pre-election and the effects on voter conduct.
- Discuss how to plan for college tuition.
- How does menstruation affect young girls?
- Substance abuse among college students and its effects on their performance and behavior.
- What brings about societal stereotypes?
- Factual evidence that AIDS originated from monkeys.
Research Paper Topics By Subject
Another way of choosing the best research paper topic is based on the subject, whether you are a college or high school student. Whether it is in biology, physics, science, literature, history, or psychology, this approach works at all levels of education. Research papers are quite challenging for the average student to write, so it’s no wonder why many students may want to look into options for high school essays for money . A great topic for your research paper should be something engaging that captures the reader’s attention and encourages them to continue reading.
Research Paper Topics on Technology
- Cybersecurity: Can we really be safe?
- How can technology help in preventing terrorist attacks?
- How close did we get to Artificial Intelligence?
- What technological innovations promise to change the third decade of the 21st century?
- How do regular people influence technological progress?
- What technologies does NASA use to explore Mars?
- How did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs change the world?
- How did cloud technologies change data storing?
- Can virtual reality substitute for an actual reality?
- What is the future of the internet?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How did climate change in the last 30 years?
- Why some believe that global warming is a hoax?
- What are the best ways to reduce global warming?
- How does global warming alter wildlife?
- Ocean pollution: Unseen tragedies.
- Effective ways of reducing air pollution.
- How can alternative types of energy help to preserve the Earth’s natural resources?
- Endangered species – How can we preserve them?
- Recycling. What did you do to make the world a better place?
- Drinking water for all – How can we achieve it?
Research Paper Topics on Legal Issues
- How do torrenting sites influence creativity and copyright?
- Should marijuana be legalized at the national level?
- How did the legalization of same-sex marriage influence the USA?
- Are punishments for sex crimes fair?
- Should there be a law preventing cyber-bullying?
- Where is the line between artistic photos and pornography?
- How does a new adoption law in Russia refuse orphans their chance for happiness?
- Various laws on abortion around the world.
- How do prostitution laws differ around the world?
Topics on Business
- How can one turn a business idea into a successful startup?
- How can creative marketing increase your sales?
- Does taxation aim to kill small businesses?
- Effective time-management for big and small teams.
- Is multitasking a productive method of work?
- Sexual harassment in the working environment.
- How benefits can make your employees happy.
- How do big corporations regularly break the law and get away with it?
- What are the various minimum wages around the world? Should The Universal Declaration of Human Rights control them?
- What were the most successful businesses in the first two decades of the 21st century?
Topics on World Politics
- How did Angela Merkel change Europe?
- Impeachment against Donald Trump: Will it happen?
- The consequences of Brexit for European values.
- Is Vladimir Putin sponsoring global terrorism?
- How can world politicians unite against the threat that Russia poses?
- Can North and South Korea unite again?
- How can we eliminate dictatorial regimes in the 21st century?
- Conflicts in Africa.
- Do refugees pose any threat to the hosting country?
- How can the world unite to fight racism?
Topics on Religion
- Is Christianity at its dusk?
- Can any religion justify crimes against humanity?
- The most popular new age religions.
- Sexual abuse in the church.
- Should religious beliefs influence health matters?
- How do various religions oppress women?
- The political context of the global religions throughout time.
- How does agnosticism balance between atheism and various religions?
- Are we witnessing a new religion forming?
- Myths of creation through global religions.
Topics on Health
- The effects of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana on a human body.
- Vaccination in the 21st century.
- The most controversial issues of birth control.
- Alzheimer’s: ways of prevention.
- Euthanasia – An assisted suicide?
- How can research help cure AIDS?
- Are there effective ways to prevent cancer?
- How do fats positively affect the human body and the mind?
- Anorexia and obesity – Two sides to one story.
- The importance of mental health.
Topics on Social Issues
- How does social media influence interpersonal communication?
- How can team sports affect social abilities?
- LGBT tolerance around the world.
- Global citizenship: Pros and cons.
- How to deal with social anxiety.
- How can one defend privacy issues on Facebook and other social media?
- How to stop bullying in schools.
- Discrimination of black women in modern-day America.
- Ethnicities that created the USA.
- Gender stereotypes in the workplace.
Topics on Education
- How to achieve literacy for all.
- Is it worth accumulating a huge debt to achieve higher education in the USA?
- How can the government make a teacher’s profession become more appealing?
- How can we modernize education to make it more appealing?
- How do dress codes in schools discriminate against women?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Is the present educational system capable of creating geniuses?
- The importance of multilingual education.
- Guns in school. How to achieve a safe environment.
- Do grades do justice to students’ knowledge?
Topics on Popular Culture
- The best music projects of 2020.
- How do reality shows influence teenagers?
- Do celebrities form a specific cast in today’s world?
- How much do people depend on heroes? Marvel and DC Cinematic Universes.
- How do American and Japanese popular cultures intertwine with each other?
- Sexism and ageism in modern Hollywood.
- Do shows like American Idol, the Voice, and X-factor really aim to find and develop talents?
- The female role in the world according to Beyonce’s Lemonade.
- How did YouTube change popular culture?
- The meaning of the Harry Potter Book Series in promoting reading.
Still lost? Download a Comprehensive Research Paper Guide completely FREE. It consists of 7 simple steps that can lead you to a perfect paper. We based it on analysis of 1000+ student’s papers, ordered by Edusson customers Get it now
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Are birth control pills good or bad?
- Are married women with children happier than single women who did not give birth to a child?
- Are there health benefits to having children?
- Breast cancer rates are increasing among women in the US. What factors contribute to these rates?
- Do women with higher testosterone levels have an athletic advantage compared to women whose testosterone levels are not high?
- Has the feminist movement been a help to women or not?
- Has the modern-day feminist movement lost its track?
- How are cultural expectations of women different in Muslim vs. Western nations?
- How common is domestic abuse, or child abuse?
- How do the female hormones protect women from heart disease?
- How does the education of women change society?
- How has feminism changed America? The world?
- How has marriage changed?
- How is heart health different for men and women?
- How has society’s expectations for women to get married and have kids haven’t changed for centuries, even today?
- How to help girls from unprivileged towns and neighborhoods get educated?
- Should women participate in extreme sports?
- What are the most important health risks for women to be aware of?
- What is a maid? Is there an acceptable or unacceptable definition for this job?
- What is female genital mutilation and how is it connected with AIDS in Africa?
- What is the effect of birth control and pregnancy on the mental health of a woman?
- What is the history of marriage?
- Why do a vast majority of women refuse to report their husbands for domestic abuse? What can be done to help them?
- Why do people marry?
- Women in politics: why do a small percentage of them succeed?
- Are athletes overpaid? Do footballers deserve multi-million contracts? How their salaries influence their performance?
- Can anyone compete in a marathon? Should everyone try it at least once? Necessary measures to take in order to compete in this kind of race
- Choose a sport and the best athlete that has ever played it. Justify why is that person the greatest of all times
- Has Title 9 hurt men’s athletics? Should there be changes?
- Have Olympic Games improved or worsened through history?
- How money influences the football world today
- How much does the crowd at sports events influence the game? Does the roar of the fans or their chants really cause the team to win or lose?
- How successful has Title 9 been in changing access to sports for women?
- Is there a sport that should be added to the Olympic Games?
- Research the history of a sport of your choice. How has the game changed throughout history?
- Should college athletes get paid? If so, how should that be done?
- Should male and female athletes be paid equally?
- Should players form unions to protect their rights?
- The impact of the Olympic Games on the economy of the hosting nation?
- What do people learn from playing competitive sports?
- What does the public think about female athletes?
- Why do all children need to play competitive sports in school? How would regular sports activity benefit their health and school performance?
- Why do so many young people get injured while playing sports? Is it accidental and unavoidable or is there a way to prevent injuries? Choose between talking about sports in general or discussing some specific sport of your choice.
- African-American men are more likely to spend time in prison in the United States than any other group. What is the underlying cause of this negative trend? What can be done to stop it?
- After every terrorist attack, it turns out police received reports about the potential danger. Why do they always ignore these calls?
- Are prison sentences for rapes effective? Do convicted rapists recommit their crimes later?
- Criminal activities are widely prevalent in news shows, reality TV, television shows, and movies. Does the constant exposure to crime on TV promote these activities and give people ideas?
- The death sentence has a long history, but did it help decrease crime rates across the US?
- Do convicted criminals abandon their ways and turn into law-abiding citizens?
- Do organizations like Prison Fellowship, which attempt to reform prisoners through faith, produce long-term results in changed lives?
- Do some people have a genetic predisposition to commit a crime? If so, should government approve genetic testing on criminals?
- Does non-dangerous “hazing” add to the rituals and community of an organization? Describe pros and cons of having new members participate in initiation traditions.
- How can prisoners help rehabilitate prisoners?
- How difficult is it to ex-convicts to find a job?
- How does Trump’s victory at the presidential election affect the judicial system in the United States today?
- How should the background of the criminal (psychosis, intelligence, family environment, genetic predispositions) affect the decision in a criminal case?
- Is Mandatory Minimum sentencing a good idea? Does it aid crime prevention?
- Many prisoners re-commit crimes because they find it difficult to cope with “real world” after spending years in prison. What can be done to help them adapt to the new reality after leaving prison?
- The number of DUI arrests increases constantly. What can be done about this problem?
- On-campus violence: causes and solutions
- Online bullying is a common occurrence nowadays. Should cyber-bullies face criminal prosecution?
- Out of fear of potential mistake, prisoners on a death row in many states are still waiting for their executions. Does the possibility of wrong death outweigh the need for justice? Is there justice for family members of victims?
- Police brutality: causes and potential solutions
- Rates of teens engaging in criminal activities keep increasing. How did media contribute to this negative trend?
- Should all states have equal laws? Would it prevent some criminals from committing their unlawful deeds?
- Should DUI laws be the same across all states?
- Should girls and women who falsely accuse someone of raping them face criminal prosecution?
- Should people convicted of a DUI be able to attend classes to prevent having their driver’s license revoked?
- Should schools allow people with licenses to carry concealed weapons?
- Should some crimes require a mandatory death sentence?
- Should terrorist suspects be tried in American courts?
- Some states have already legalized marijuana. How did cannabis use affect crime rates in these states? Did they go up or down?
- Teen gangs and socioeconomic status of households: are they related?
- The Innocence Project has released more than 300 convicted criminals based primarily on DNA evidence. Many states give no compensation to those released. Should the compensation be mandatory?
- The use of art, music, or theater therapy is a common method of rehabilitating prisoners. How effective are these approaches?
- What are the causes of acquaintance rape? How can it be prevented?
- What does the general public think about death penalty?
- What is the underlying cause (or more of them) behind re-committing crimes?
- Why do some people become serial killers? Are there any signs in their behavior to look for?
- Why is police brutal when arresting black suspects?
- Are older children more successful?
- Child labor is a sad reality in third-world countries. Do we contribute to child labor by purchasing products from companies who employ children in their factories?
- Do small businesses have a chance to succeed in the competitive market today?
- How do blogs help revolutionize businesses?
- How did the NAFTA agreement affect business in the United States?
- How does birth order affect people in a work environment?
- How has terrorism affected businesses?
- How important is branding for a business?
- Importance of ethics in business: what are the consequences of unethical behavior?
- Past, present, and future of search engine optimization (SEO)?
- Should companies promote employees based on seniority, college degrees or evaluations of performance?
- Should employees be allowed more flexible leave time for caring for children and elderly parents?
- What is the best way to grow jobs and reduce the unemployment rate?
Psst. There’s also a more relaxed way ?
- Poetry Analysis: Unboxing Topics and Outlines in a breeze
- Extensive List of 200+ Dissertation Topics for Strong Research
- Pop Culture Essay Topics: Find Out the Pulse of Modern Society
- Business Research Paper Topics: Management, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, etc
Improve your writing with our guides
Psychology Essay Topic: Theories Explaining Human growth and Development
Reflection Paper Topics: Art
Reaction Paper Writing: Travel Essay Topics
Get 15% off your first order with edusson.
Connect with a professional writer within minutes by placing your first order. No matter the subject, difficulty, academic level or document type, our writers have the skills to complete it.
100% privacy. No spam ever.
- A Research Guide
- Research Paper Topics
120 Research Paper Topics for High School
How to choose a topic for high school research paper:, high school psychology research paper topics:.
- The impact of social media on adolescent mental health
- The effects of bullying on the psychological well-being of high school students
- The relationship between academic stress and anxiety in high school students
- The influence of parental involvement on the academic achievement of high school students
- The role of self-esteem in teenage substance abuse
- The effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive performance in adolescents
- The impact of peer pressure on decision-making in high school students
- The relationship between body image dissatisfaction and eating disorders among teenagers
- The effects of video games on aggression levels in adolescents
- The role of mindfulness in reducing stress and improving mental health in high school students
- The influence of family dynamics on the development of personality traits in teenagers
- The effects of music on mood regulation in adolescents
- The relationship between teenage pregnancy and psychological outcomes
- The impact of gender stereotypes on academic and career choices in high school students
- The role of cultural factors in shaping adolescent identity formation
High School Sociology Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of social media on teenage self-esteem
- The role of gender stereotypes in high school sports
- The effects of bullying on academic performance among high school students
- The influence of family dynamics on teenage substance abuse
- The relationship between socioeconomic status and educational achievement
- The impact of peer pressure on teenage decision-making
- The role of cultural diversity in promoting tolerance and acceptance in high schools
- The effects of single-parent households on adolescent development
- The influence of school uniforms on student behavior and academic performance
- The relationship between parental involvement and student success in high school
- The impact of standardized testing on educational inequality
- The role of race and ethnicity in educational opportunities and outcomes
- The effects of social class on access to higher education
- The influence of media on body image and eating disorders among high school students
- The relationship between school climate and student mental health
High School Education Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of standardized testing on student performance
- The effectiveness of inclusive education for students with disabilities
- The role of technology in enhancing learning outcomes in high school classrooms
- The influence of parental involvement on academic achievement in high school
- The effects of school bullying on students’ mental health and academic performance
- The benefits and challenges of implementing project-based learning in high schools
- The impact of socioeconomic status on educational opportunities and outcomes in high school
- The role of school counselors in supporting students’ college and career readiness
- The effectiveness of different teaching methods in high school science education
- The relationship between physical activity and academic performance in high school students
- The impact of social media on students’ academic engagement and achievement
- The effectiveness of sex education programs in reducing teenage pregnancy rates in high schools
- The influence of teacher-student relationships on students’ motivation and academic success
- The role of arts education in fostering creativity and critical thinking skills in high school students
- The effects of early school start times on students’ sleep patterns and academic performance
High School History Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of the Industrial Revolution on society and the economy
- The causes and consequences of World War I
- The role of women in the American Civil Rights Movement
- The rise and fall of the Roman Empire
- The effects of the Great Depression on American society
- The origins and consequences of the Cold War
- The impact of the French Revolution on European politics and society
- The role of propaganda in shaping public opinion during World War II
- The causes and consequences of the American Revolution
- The influence of ancient Greek philosophy on modern Western thought
- The impact of the Civil Rights Movement on racial equality in the United States
- The causes and consequences of the Holocaust
- The role of religion in the colonization of the Americas
- The effects of the Vietnam War on American society and politics
- The rise and fall of apartheid in South Africa
High School Chemistry Research Paper Topics:
- The effects of different catalysts on the rate of a chemical reaction
- Investigating the properties and applications of graphene in nanotechnology
- Analyzing the impact of pH on enzyme activity
- Exploring the synthesis and characterization of biodegradable polymers
- Investigating the role of antioxidants in preventing oxidative stress
- Analyzing the effects of different concentrations of acids on metal corrosion
- Investigating the principles and applications of chromatography in chemical analysis
- Exploring the synthesis and properties of superconducting materials
- Analyzing the effects of different factors on the rate of photosynthesis
- Investigating the principles and applications of electrochemistry in energy storage
- Exploring the synthesis and properties of carbon nanotubes
- Analyzing the effects of different factors on the rate of a chemical equilibrium
- Investigating the principles and applications of spectroscopy in chemical analysis
- Exploring the synthesis and properties of biocompatible materials for medical applications
- Analyzing the effects of different factors on the rate of a redox reaction
High School Medical Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of social media on mental health among high school students
- The effectiveness of school-based interventions in preventing teenage pregnancy
- The relationship between sleep patterns and academic performance in high school students
- The prevalence and consequences of substance abuse among teenagers
- The role of physical activity in reducing stress and anxiety among high school students
- The impact of bullying on mental health and well-being in adolescents
- The effectiveness of mindfulness-based interventions in reducing symptoms of depression among high school students
- The relationship between nutrition and academic achievement in high school students
- The prevalence and consequences of eating disorders among teenagers
- The impact of technology use on sleep quality and quantity in high school students
- The effectiveness of school-based sexual education programs in preventing sexually transmitted infections
- The relationship between screen time and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms in adolescents
- The prevalence and consequences of self-harm behaviors among high school students
- The impact of peer pressure on substance abuse and risky behaviors in teenagers
- The effectiveness of school-based mental health programs in promoting emotional well-being among high school students
High School Environmental Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of plastic pollution on marine ecosystems
- The effectiveness of renewable energy sources in reducing carbon emissions
- The role of deforestation in climate change
- The effects of air pollution on human health
- The importance of biodiversity conservation in maintaining ecosystem stability
- The relationship between water scarcity and agricultural practices
- The impact of climate change on wildlife habitats
- The role of sustainable agriculture in food security
- The effects of urbanization on local ecosystems
- The significance of recycling and waste management in reducing environmental pollution
- The relationship between pesticide use and declining bee populations
- The impact of industrial pollution on freshwater ecosystems
- The effectiveness of environmental policies in reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- The role of environmental education in promoting sustainable practices
- The effects of ocean acidification on coral reefs and marine life
High School Economic Research Paper Topics:
- The impact of minimum wage on employment rates
- The relationship between economic growth and income inequality
- The effects of globalization on local economies
- The role of government intervention in market failures
- The economic consequences of climate change
- The influence of consumer behavior on market demand
- The economic implications of immigration policies
- The relationship between education and economic development
- The effects of automation on employment opportunities
- The role of entrepreneurship in economic growth
- The impact of trade policies on domestic industries
- The economic consequences of healthcare reform
- The relationship between inflation and unemployment
- The effects of fiscal and monetary policies on economic stability
- The role of technology in shaping future economic trends
- Writing a Research Paper
- Research Paper Title
- Research Paper Sources
- Research Paper Problem Statement
- Research Paper Thesis Statement
- Hypothesis for a Research Paper
- Research Question
- Research Paper Outline
- Research Paper Summary
- Research Paper Prospectus
- Research Paper Proposal
- Research Paper Format
- Research Paper Styles
- AMA Style Research Paper
- MLA Style Research Paper
- Chicago Style Research Paper
- APA Style Research Paper
- Research Paper Structure
- Research Paper Cover Page
- Research Paper Abstract
- Research Paper Introduction
- Research Paper Body Paragraph
- Research Paper Literature Review
- Research Paper Background
- Research Paper Methods Section
- Research Paper Results Section
- Research Paper Discussion Section
- Research Paper Conclusion
- Research Paper Appendix
- Research Paper Bibliography
- APA Reference Page
- Annotated Bibliography
- Bibliography vs Works Cited vs References Page
- Research Paper Types
- What is Qualitative Research
Receive paper in 3 Hours!
- Choose the number of pages.
- Select your deadline.
- Complete your order.
Number of Pages
550 words (double spaced)
Deadline: 10 days left
Sign Up for your FREE account
Research Paper Guide
Research Paper Topics
Last updated on: Nov 20, 2023
Good Research Paper Topics & Ideas for Students
By: Nathan D.
22 min read
Reviewed By: Chris H.
Published on: May 28, 2019
Research paper writing is an essential part of education. It is necessary because it helps the students to develop a critical view of different issues of life and society. In addition to that, research writing enables students to develop their argumentative and persuasive skills.
The foremost step of the research paper writing process is selecting the topic. Teachers do not provide research topics to students and give them the freedom to go with something that interests them.
The purpose is that teachers want to assess the student’s ability from their writing. This can be done without forcing a difficult topic for research on them. While selecting the topics, students must ensure not to opt for a topic they can easily find information on. But with something for which you can craft an interesting and debatable thesis statement.
Selecting a perfect topic seems like a problem to almost all students. Every other topic seems interesting at first glance. However, that same topic becomes too difficult when the students research the details and existing information about it.
Don’t worry. We have compiled a great list of research topics that you can use for your help.
So get ready to explore some interesting examples of research topics for your paper.
On this Page
Research Paper Topics for Different Education Levels
We have categorized topics for different education levels to cater to the needs of all students. So let’s have a look at our research topics for students…
Middle School Research Paper Topics
- How can we protect our environment?
- How is instant messaging affecting literacy?
- Effective ways of achieving your academic goals.
- A movie that influenced its generation.
- Always choose a good idea or topic to write about.
- Standardized tests aren’t a useful measure to judge a student’s capabilities.
- Pros and cons of going completely vegan.
- What is the impact of diversity on a society’s development and progress?
- What is the role of music in soothing someone?
- How to choose an easy research paper topic?
- Significance of learning different languages.
- Importance of physical activities.
- Bullying and its effects on mental health.
- How do learning techniques influence learning behavior?
- Pros and cons of distant learning.
High School Research Paper Topics
Looking for interesting research topics for high school students? Here you go, select one of these best topics and ace your grades...
- Should school students choose a controversial topic?
- Should prayer be a part of high school?
- Do kids focus better in same-sex schools?
- Should the government control what is served in school cafeterias?
- Does anyone ever use math formulas in real life?
- Should high schools make their students undergo leadership training?
- The high school curriculum should include subjects related to real life. Discuss.
- Examine the jail system of China.
- Discuss Plato’s philosophy regarding maths and how did he contribute to it?
- What are the psychological effects of the Holocaust on the survivors?
- Writing a research paper and improving your skills.
- Media coverage of the Vietnam War Vs. War on Terror.
- Significance of Industrial Revolution.
- Significance of being Nuclear Power in the world.
- How can poverty be eradicated in underdeveloped countries?
College Research Paper Topics
This list provide some engaging research topic for college students. So, if you’re stuck on deciding your research topic, then have a look at the topics below:
- 4-year college degree vs. 2-year degree.
- Distance learning and its usefulness.
- How should students plan for college tuition?
- How does substance abuse affect the performance of college students?
- Can an average person become a politician, and how?
- IELTS Vs. TOEFL.
- Children should choose those subjects that interest them. Agreed?
- Colleges should have education consultants to help students.
- College dropouts are more likely to become billionaires. Do you agree?
- The College curriculum should include specific classes for boys and girls.
- Physical punishments and their impact on children.
- Importance of getting a degree in professional life.
- How to be successful in life?
- Emerging graduate programs.
- The flawed education system of the United States.
Don’t give up reading here because this list has plenty more interesting and easy research topic ideas. So continue reading to explore them all now….
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Research Paper Topics for 2023
Are you looking for the latest research topic ideas for different fields? The following list created by the professional writers of 5StarEssays.com will be helpful.
History Research Paper Topics
- How did the Civil War impact the history of the United States of America?
- What were the prominent features of the Roman Empire?
- Explain the havoc caused by World War II.
- How did the depression era contribute to the change in the ideology of the general population?
- Was Martin Luther King really a reformist?
- Is racial discrimination still a part of American society?
- Compare and contrast between the Neolithic period and the stone age.
- Discuss the French Revolution in detail.
- What is Hippie culture? Trace and explain its origins and influences.
- What is the significance of the Battle of Hastings in the history of England?
- History and origin of Feminism.
- Political events that fueled up WWII.
- The use of propaganda by Hitler.
- The similarities and differences in the literature of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Causes and effects of the War on Terror.
You can also get more history research topics here for your academic assignment.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Art Research Paper Topics
- Differentiate between the achievements of the Northern Renaissance and the Italian Renaissance.
- Is the media portrayal of minorities realistic?
- How did Rap music become a part of American society?
- How did the music brought by the slave community become dominant in modern American society?
- How is racism being highlighted by the media?
- What is the history of ice sculpting? Explain with reference to popular ice sculptures.
- Discuss the symbolism in Da Vinci’s paintings.
- Discuss the origin of Salsa and other types of dances.
- What is the significance of the ancient stone drawings?
- How do different movements impact the culture and art of that era?
- Significance of Hitler’s artwork.
- William Blake’s contribution to literature.
- Depiction of beauty in Shakespeare’s plays.
- Romance and the portrayal of a relationship in the novels of the 19th century.
- Different techniques are used in painting landscapes.
Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Should the government allow any relaxation in Capital punishment?
- Why should the minimum legal drinking age be kept at eighteen years?
- Does drug legalization contribute to the increased crime rate?
- Should the constitutional amendment regarding gun control be amended again?
- Does police brutality contribute to the onset of hate crimes?
- Should abortion be counted as a crime? Defend your answer with solid arguments and proof.
- What are the main reasons behind human trafficking? How can it be controlled?
- How does child abuse lead to the making of criminals?
- What role do sociology and psychology play in criminal justice?
- How can social institutions contribute towards minimizing the crime rate?
- Causes and effects of mercy killing.
- Significance of death penalties.
- Reasons why bullying should be considered a crime.
- Should minors be treated as adult criminals for murders?
- Different techniques to interrogate crimes.
Business Research Paper Topics
- How has cyber-security emerged as a new business endeavor?
- Is e-business more profitable than traditional business?
- Do you think small business retailers compromise on business ethics?
- Pros and cons of online retail.
- Role of government organizations in white-collar crimes.
- Should the minimum wage rate be increased?
- What are the main causes behind the rise of entrepreneurial culture?
- Owning a business is the only way to total financial security. Agreed?
- Describe the different types of business models and ways to implement them successfully.
- Propose some profitable small business ideas.
- Should successful businessmen be helping new people in the market?
- The relation of demand in supply in the market.
- How do the political instabilities of the country influence businesses?
- Trending business ideas.
- How do different marketing techniques boost business?
Ethics Research Paper Topics
- Should gun control laws be revised?
- Pros and cons of Euthanasia
- Should recreational marijuana be legalized?
- Animal testing is against animal rights. Discuss.
- Do violent video games promote aggressiveness among children?
- How to minimize bullying in school?
- What are the reasons for a rise in plastic surgery trends in teenagers?
- Ethical implications in case someone sees their friend cheating on the exam.
- What are the consequences of merging religion with politics
- How to minimize ethnic hostility in college and university?
- Ways to minimize gun-related deaths in America.
- Causes and effects of the increase in the divorce rate.
- Significance of affirmative actions in the workplace.
- Should mercy killing be legal?
- Influence of stem cell research on medicine.
Health Research Paper Topics
- What are the health complications caused by abortion?
- Does drug abuse contribute to mental health issues?
- Is there any cure for Alzheimer's disease?
- Is obesity the main reason behind the onset of other chronic illnesses?
- Should teenagers be allowed to buy medication without a prescription?
- Discuss the negative effects of cosmetic surgery.
- What are the health disasters of crash diets?
- Anorexia in College Girls: Reasons and Ways to Minimize It
- Are health supplements necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
- What vitamins are necessary for a healthy lifestyle and living?
- Causes and effects of obesity.
- How to treat PTSD?
- Similarities and differences between a panic attack and an anxiety attack.
- Natural way to treat bipolar disorder.
- How can sleep disorders lead to other mental problems?
Government Policy Research Paper Topics
- Should the government reform the policy regarding Juvenile Punishment?
- How is US airport security contributing to counterterrorism measures?
- Should the United States of America reform its Immigration policies?
- Is legalizing recreational marijuana providing any benefit to government organizations?
- Can prison reforms contribute to the low crime rate in the United States of America?
- What factors play a role in forming government policies?
- What are some of the new developments in the government policies of the US?
- What are the policy reforms that took place in Obama’s presidential era?
- What are the pros and cons of Obama’s Healthcare Act?
- How is Donald Trump working on the healthcare of the US?
- Barack Obama’s domestic policy.
- Effectiveness of country’s protection against terrorism policies.
- Comparison of Patriot Act One and Two.
- How do the needs of individuals contradict the needs of the state?
- The illegal immigration policy of the United States.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Environment Research Paper Topics
- How is human activity contributing to acid rain?
- Is deforestation contributing to global warming?
- Can hybrid vehicles ensure the control of pollution in the atmosphere?
- How can global warming be controlled?
- What are the main sources of marine pollution?
- How is the Greenhouse effect contributing to global warming?
- Discuss the role of Fauna and Flora in impacting the rainfall.
- Global warming is the key reason behind the increased rate of water disasters. Discuss.
- How to recycle waste to minimize global warming?
- Using degradable plastic helps minimize the hazards of plastic. Agreed?
- Climate change and global warming policy.
- Impact of oil spills on the environment.
- Causes and effects of water pollution.
- Effects of deforestation on climate.
- Significance of wildlife protection.
US History Research Paper Topics
- What was the cause of the great depression?
- American colonial era.
- Importance of Voting Act Rights for the blacks.
- Discuss the cause of the Civil war.
- Martin Luther King.
- Women’s suffrage movement.
- What are the main eras in US history?
- Discuss the effects of motivational speeches in influencing the US masses.
- Discuss Abraham Lincoln as a US President and the reasons behind his assassination.
- Describe the Battle of Chancellorsville and its impact.
- A critical analysis of “I Have a Dream” by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Cold War and its effects on the United States.
- US journalism during the Vietnam War.
- The American history of relationship with North Korea.
- The history of terrorist attacks in the United States.
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- How does divorce affect children?
- Interracial marriage.
- Gender inequality in a professional environment.
- Cause and effect of bullying.
- Does social media make individuals feel alone?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the nuclear family system.
- Are women molested more than men? Argue with solid facts.
- What effects do homosexuals have on modern society?
- What is feminism, and how is it affecting the modern family and society?
- What are the reasons behind the rising rate of divorce?
- Driverless cars and the evolution of transportation.
- The significance and impact of the women’s rights movement.
- Significance of religion in society.
- Traditional music Vs. modern music.
- Life in rural Vs. Urban areas.
Get more sociology research topics and choose the one that you find interesting.
Sports Research Paper Topics
Selecting topics on sports can help you explore different aspects of sports and provide an interesting read. Here are some topics that you can consider for your paper…
- Importance of physical exercise in school.
- Mind Vs. Body. What is more important for sports?
- Is cheerleading a sport?
- Should trans women play against men or women?
- Do sports influence an individual’s emotional well-being?
- Football vs. hockey, which sport do you prefer and why?
- What are the reasons behind the steroid culture in professional wrestlers?
- Should athletes consume steroids and other medicine to improve their performance?
- How do sports help us in sharpening our minds and doing better in our studies?
- Sports should be essential for every student. Discuss the reasons.
- The use of animals in sports.
- Doping in sports.
- Team sports and its effects on society.
- Cricket Vs. Hockey.
- Extreme sports of the world.
English Linguistics Research Paper Topics
Here is a list of some interesting research paper topics for English literature and linguistics students…
- Discuss the theme of narcissism in the character of Dorian Gray.
- Discuss the elements of the literature in different eras.
- Discuss the theme of Carpe Diem in different poems.
- Describe why the poets and writers use similes and symbols in their works.
- Evaluate symbolism in two novels or plays.
- Compare Shakespeare and Marlowe as contemporaries.
- How has Kafka hinted at his strained relationship with his father in his works?
- It is said that literature is the true mirror of any era. How true is it?
- How does literature teach and inform about the different aspects of society?
- Discuss Milton and Blake as mystics.
- The usage of literary devices in famous pieces of literature.
- The depiction of beauty standards in the artwork of the 18th century.
- The portrayal of women in the literature of the 20th century.
- Romance in Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- Literature during the first World War Vs. the second.
Education Research Paper Topics
- Homeschooling is better than traditional schooling. Discuss.
- Physical education must be made mandatory in schools.
- Setting up a virtual education system will help increase the literacy rate.
- College dropouts are more likely to end up nowhere. Justify the claim.
- Education opportunities for girls are less than those for boys. Discuss the claim.
- Education among girls should be promoted.
- Government should give free education up to the university level. Discuss.
- How can we revolutionize education?
- What is the role of AI in developing the educational sector?
- Education should be made paperless. Discuss its pros and cons.
- How has Covid-19 influenced education?
- Education system of the underdeveloped countries.
- How to eradicate poverty through education?
- Right to education.
- Women's right to education in third world countries.
Don’t stop reading, explore some more topics….
World History Research Paper Topics
- State and discuss the reasons behind the Rwandan genocide.
- Discuss Cleopatra as the most influential Egyptian queen.
- Discuss the rise and fall of Hitler.
- Who was Nero? What caused his downfall and demise?
- What was the significance of Arenas in the Roman Empire?
- Discuss Holocaust as one of the greatest tragedies in history.
- What is the role of women in the Industrial Revolution?
- How did Pompeii destroy? Discuss the causes of the destruction.
- What are the Stonehenges?
- Discuss some of the prehistoric fossils.
- The history of using nuclear weapons.
- Origin and formation of the world bank.
- The Cold War and its effects on the world.
- War on Terror and its effects on the world.
- How did the 9/11 incident change the politics of the world?
Social Media Research Paper Topics
Social Media is a trending topic for writing a great paper. It can help you assess the impact that social media has on society and how its usage influences people’s lives. Here are some great topics to consider for your research paper:
- Is blogging becoming a legit profession?
- Does social media affect our relationships?
- Has social media brought people closer or distanced and disrupted them and their relationships?
- Should everyone in the world have the same access to social media?
- Should social media sites be banned in schools?
- How does social media impact our daily life?
- Is social media an end-to-end solution for small businesses?
- How do companies use different social platforms to find and hire talent?
- Social media is a necessity of life. How true is this statement?
- Social media is the new future of technology. Discuss.
- Is social media the source of spreading fake news?
- The use of social media for promoting businesses.
- How can social media accounts help judge people more accurately?
- How has social media affected the physical connections between people?
- The portrayal of minorities on different media platforms.
Computer Science Research Paper Topics
- Robotics and artificial intelligence
- The importance of open source software
- Robotic manipulation modeling
- Biomedical informatics and computational biology
- Artificial intelligence in computer vision
- What is the future of quantum computing?
- The role of antivirus/firewall solutions
- What are the major emerging technologies in computer science?
- Knowledge Processing
- Network anomaly detection in Cloud and IoT.
- Discuss how convex optimization is used in signal processing
- The internet of things and its impact on human life
- Do digital tools make us more or less productive at work?
- Natural language processing real-life applications
- Environments and programming languages
Zoology Research Paper Topics
- Man-eating animals
- Biodiversity of estuarine and fluvial fish
- Understanding animal behavior among predators.
- Dopamine modulation of honey bees
- An Asian elephant imitates human speech
- Human impact on red panda populations
- How do vaccines strengthen the immune response?
- Dogs, their talents and abilities
- Cooperative behavior in ant colonies
- Why do sharks get a bad reputation?
- The social movement of animal rights
- Animal habitats conservation
- Ethical treatment of animals
- Characteristics of Florida alligators
- What makes Shark attacks?
These are some interesting research paper topics in zoology, now let’s move to the next section that highlight more vast ideas.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How does child abuse impact the adulthood of an individual?
- Should Depression be treated as a mental health issue?
- Are Dreams related to reality?
- What is the condition that gives rise to Learning disabilities?
- Does Schizophrenia give rise to other mental health issues?
- Child abuse can give rise to various psychological problems.
- Psychological problems are directly related to the environment. Discuss.
- Psychopaths are the products of society's injustice.
- Psychological Problems and Superstition: Why do people still believe in it?
- Childhood counseling is the best way to ward off any mental illnesses.
- Freud’s contribution to the field of psychology.
- Chaucer’s insight into human behavior.
- Gender psychology.
- Traditional Vs. Modern conceptions of mental illness.
- How do self-image and culture relate to each other?
Here are some additional psychology research topics for your paper if you want more ideas.
Good Research Paper Topics
Below are some interesting yet impactful research paper topic ideas that make your topic selection process easy.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Should handguns be banned?
- Should parents monitor their child’s social media?
- Should prisoners have the right to vote?
- Has social media decreased our creativity?
- Money can’t buy happiness. True or false?
- 90% of the reasons behind divorce are from women. Discuss.
- Women and men are not given equal rights.
- Humans can live without food. Explain the breatharian trend.
- Consuming meat is a selfish act. Do you agree?
- A vegan diet is more healthy than a meat-based diet. How far is the statement true?
- Analysis of the most controversial ad campaigns.
- Is homosexuality a choice?
- Creationism Vs. Evolution
- Should children be spanked by their parents?
- Pros of animal testing.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Hunting should be tagged as immoral and should be banned.
- Animals should not be used in checking beauty and medical products.
- What is microchipping? Are microchipping pets an ethical and legal act?
- Euthanizing Pet Dogs: Pet dogs should be sent to sleep if they develop any biting tendencies. Discuss.
- Moving from the countryside to the city is essential for -personal growth and development. Discuss.
- Dogs are better pets than cats. Is it true?
- Habits are inbuilt and cannot be learned over time. Agreed?
- AI is essential for a better educational system. Discuss.
- Newspapers are more propaganda now, Agreed?
- Women should be allowed to work from home after having a baby. Discuss.
- Privatization of social security.
- Human torture in the name of interrogation should be banned.
- Euthanasia should be outlawed.
- Affirmative action is essential to ensure gender and racial equality
- The minimum labor wage should be increased.
Best Research paper Topics
- Difference between a man’s and a woman’s heart?
- Do some religions oppress women?
- Ozone Layer in coming years.
- Future Of endangered species in America.
- Can we deal with plastic pollution wisely?
- Social media is essential in our daily lives. Discuss the pros and cons.
- Cow's milk is healthier than packaged milk. How true is this statement?
- Strict mothers have well-mannered kids.
- Body Sprays are hazardous to the environment.
- Kids should be allowed to play in the mud. Prove your point.
- Significance of recycling.
- Importance of career counseling of the students.
- Effectiveness of color therapy.
- Different cultures of the world.
- Significance of following the writing conventions.
Interesting Research Paper Topics
- Is our future in the hands of AI?
- Will Self Determination Theory ever be implied on robots?
- Is the Socratic method helpful for people with cognitive disabilities?
- When is the nearest supernova expected?
- Can the world come together to fight racism?
- Discuss the trend of surrogate mothers and the pros and cons of having them
- Homosexual couples should not be allowed to adopt children. Agreed?
- What are the key reasons behind people not wanting to get married now?
- Kids should be left untamed and given a chance to discover their own ways.
- Minimalist living is a leap towards a more satisfied and clutter-free life.
- Treating mental illnesses through emotional support of animals.
- Why is platypus a unique mammal?
- History and origination of hip hop.
- The routine of a Buddhist monk.
- Reasons for the domestication of cats and dogs.
Controversial Research Paper Topics
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview
- Is obesity the new norm?
- Animal rights
- Children should not be allowed to use mobile phones.
- Is the death penalty efficient?
- Are Montessori schools a threat to public education?
- Is water fluoridation necessary?
- A life without store-bought toys: the benefits.
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana?
- Equality is part of lawmaking, but does it work in practice?
- The distorted body image on social media.
- Native American sovereignty issues.
- The perks of fee-for-service medicine.
- Aging is actually super cool.
Tips for Choosing a Good Research Paper Topic
The following tips will help you find a good research topic for your next paper assignment.
Explore Your Interest
Students have the freedom to choose the topics of their interest. So, the foremost step is to narrow down the field you are interested in. There are several research topics in subjects like:
- Government policy
- Culture and arts
- Psychology, etc.
Choose the one that interests you and is relevant to your field of study.
Once you have chosen the research question, find the perfect topic for your paper. For a start, shortlist some topics related to famous subjects and works.
For example, you can write about Harry Potter, for the subject of literature studies. And explore how the series added value to literary studies.
Most of the time, the instructors demand that the students pick the topic according to their subject. If such guidelines are shared, the business students should not choose history topics.
Moreover, before submitting research paper, it is necessary to check that it adheres to provided guidelines.
If you are still unsure about your interest, you can select some good research paper topics from the above mentioned ideas.
Here is also a helpful video for you on how to select your research paper topic;
The above-presented topics are great if you are in writer’s block. If you are doubtful about your ability to craft a research paper, get help from the expert essay writers of 5StarEssays.com .
Our team of experienced writers can help you with any “ write me an essay ” request.
We are here 24/7 to talk to you and help you with your papers. Simply ask our writing service to ‘ write my essay ’ and get all your academic assignments written in no time.
You can also use our AI powered paper writer for assistance in writing parts fo your research paper or getting accurate citations.
Nathan completed his Ph.D. in journalism and has been writing articles for well-respected publications for many years now. His work is carefully researched and insightful, showing a true passion for the written word. Nathan's clients appreciate his expertise, deep understanding of the process, and ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write a Research Paper - Writing Guide & Examples
- 20+ Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
- Learn How to Write an Abstract - Steps & Examples
- How to Write a Literature Review: Steps and Outline
- How to Start a Research Paper - 9 Simple Steps
- Psychology Research Topics - 170+ Ideas for Your Paper
- How to Write a Hypothesis - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Writing a Research Proposal - Outline, Format, and Examples
- Good History Research Paper Topics For Your Help
- How to Cite a Research Paper with the Help of Examples
- How to Write a Research Methodology in 10 Simple Steps
- Research Paper Outline - Basic Format & Sample
- Research Paper Example: Samples to Write a Research Paper
- Great Sociology Research Topics & Ideas (2022-2023)
People Also Read
- autobiography writing
- autobiography vs memoir
- persuasive speech topics
- impromptu speech topics
- process analysis essay topics
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
- Homework Services: Essay Topics Generator
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2023 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- LOG IN Processing...
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SIGN UP Processing...
- SEND PASSWORD