Submit │ Register │ Log in
- [email protected]
- Search for: Search
- Aims and Scope
- Editorial Board
- For reviewer
- Forms & Templates
- Current Issue
- Full Issues
- Choose Payment Mode
- Send Payment Details
Self-Perception of ABM Students towards Their Academic, Social and Emotional College Preparedness
This study assessed the self-perception of the selected Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM) students on their academic, social and their emotional college preparedness. The students’ demographic profile was also tested for significant difference in the three constructs of the college preparedness. Through a self-made questionnaire in a 4-scale Likert style, data were gathered from the 255 randomly selected ABM students of one private higher education institution in Batangas Province in the Philippines. Self-perception showed a college-prepared student academically, socially and emotionally. However, there are various constructs of their academic and social-emotional preparedness that need further improvements. The statistical test of significance indicated that the various constructs of academic, social and emotional preparedness have no difference by age, type of school, family income and order of birth. A significant difference was shown in the respondents’ sex and social preparedness but not on academic and emotional preparedness. Similarly, there was significant difference in the various constructs of academic, social and emotional preparedness in terms of the students’ GWA in high school. For this, high schools should develop collaborative teaching and learning strategies focus on reading and writing. In addition, colleges and universities may provide pertinent course information through their websites to guide the students on the various details of their chosen undergraduate courses. Indeed, to prepare students for college alone is insufficient; a college-ready student should complete a degree with a life-ready perspectives.
Keywords: college-ready students, college preparedness, academic preparedness, social preparedness, emotional preparedness
ACT Research and Policy (2013). Readiness Matters: The Impact of College Readiness on College Persistence and Degree Completion. Available online at www.act.org. Accessed on August 2020.
Boden, K. (2011). Perceived Academic Preparedness of First-Generation Latino College Students. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, 10, 96-106. DOI: 10.11771538192711402211
Conley, D. T. (2007). College Readiness Practices At 38 High Schools and the Development Of The College Career Ready School Diagnostic Tool. Eugene, OR: Education Policy Improvement Center.
Cuy, N.A. & Salinas, E.M. (2019). Aspiration and Readiness of Filipino Senior High School Students In Pursuing College Degree. Open Journal Of Social Sciences. 7, 143-152. Https://Doi.Org/10.4236/Jss.2019.75012
Dauz, F. (n.d.). Preparedness Of Senior High School Graduates Leading To The Bachelor of Science In Accountancy Program: A Correlational Study. A Thesis Presented To The Faculty Of The Holy Angel University Master of Science In Accountancy.
Deangelo, L., & Franke, R. (2016). Social Mobility and Reproduction for Whom? College Readiness and First-Year Retention. American Educational Research Journal, 53, 1588- 1625. DOI: 10.3102/0002831216674805
Department Of Education (2012). The K to 12 Basic Education Program. Dominguez, R. (2015). Perceived Barriers to Higher Education among First-Generation and Non-First-Generation Latino Male High School Students. [Online] Pp.1-35. Available At: https://Scholarlyrepository.Miami.Edu/ .
Felton, E. (2016). When Social and Emotional Learning Is Key to College Success. Education. The Atlantic.
Florence, K.M. (2017). Understanding College Preparedness of First-Semester College Students. UNLV Theses, Dissertations, Professional Papers, and Capstones. 2972.
Grundmeyer, T. A. (2012). A Qualitative Study of the Perceptions of First Year College Students Regarding Technology And College Readiness. Graduate Theses and Dissertations. 12599.
Heo, J. & Han, S. (2017). Effects of Motivation, Academic Stress and Age In Predicting Self-Directed Learning Readiness (SDLR): Focused On Online College Students. Education and Information Technologies, [Online] 23(1), Pp.61-71.
Huy, N. (2015). Problems Affecting Learning Writing Skill Of Grade 11 At Thong Linh High School. Asian Journal Of Educational Research, 3(2), Pp.53-67.
Igoe, K. (2017). Emotional Readiness and How to Obtain It. Collegevine. Available online at https://blog.collegevine.com/emotional-readiness-and-how-to-obtain-it
Jaime (2017). College Readiness: The Importance Of Preparing For College While In High School. Reality Changers. Available online at: https://realitychangers.com.
Jawad, L.H. (2017). Examining College Readiness In An Early College Program That Focuses On Health Careers: Perceptions Of Graduating Students. A Dissertation submitted to the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Johnson, H. & Wiener, R. (2017). This Time, With Feeling Integrating Social and Emotional Development and College- and Career-Readiness Standards. Aspen Education & Society Program.
Khattab, N. (2015). Students’ Aspirations, Expectations and School Achievement: What Really Matters? British Educational Research Journal. 41, 731-748. Https://Doi.Org/10.1002/Berj.3171
Kinzie, J., Gonyea, R., Kuh, G., Umbach, P., Blaich, C. & Korkmaz, A. (2007). The Relationship Between Gender And Student Engagement In College. [Online] Pp.2-23.
Laryea, J., Saani, A. & Dawson-Brew, E. (2014). Influence of Students Self-Concept on Their Academic Performance in the Elmina Township. European Journal of Research and Reflection in Educational Sciences, 2 (4), Pp.1-9.
Mcnally, E. & Yuen, E. (2015). The Effects of Birth Order on Academic Success. Acta Spartae, 1(1), Pp.16-18.
Nagaoka, J., Farrington, C.A., Roderick, M., Allensworth, E., Keyes, T.S., Johnson, D.W. & Beechum, N.O. (2013). Readiness For College: The Role Of Non-Cognitive Factors And Context. Voices In Urban Education, 38, 45-52.
Nasrullah, S. And Khan, M. (2015). The Impact of Time Management on the Students’ Academic Achievements. Journal of Literature, Languages and Linguistics, 11, Pp.66-71.
Palafox, Q., Lorenzo, T., & Palafox, L. (2018) Perceptions of the Senior High School Students on their Employability Skills. DLSU Research Congress 2018.
Ridenour, M. J. (2015). How Do College Students Define College Preparedness? School of Education Student Capstone Theses and Dissertations. 231. https://digitalcommons.hamline.edu/hse_all/231
Rowe, D. A., Mazzotti, V. L., Ingram, A., & Lee, S. (2017). Effects of Goal-Setting Instruction on Academic Engagement for Students At Risk. Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals, 40(1), 25–35. ttps://doi.org/10.1177/2165143416678175
Stoltzfus, K. (2015). Students Who Fell Emotionally Unprepared For College Struggle In The Classroom. The Chronicle Of Higher Education.
Sulaiman, M., Mat, Z., Husain, F., Nizah, M., Latiff, L. & Sulaiman, A. (2016). The Impact of Teamwork Skills on Students in Malaysian Public Universities. The Social Sciences, 12: 1682-1686. DOI: 10.36478/sscience.2017.1682.1686
Umali, J. (2013). Factors Affecting the Reading Comprehension of Selected ACCS of the University Of Makati Students. A Thesis presented to the Faculty of the University of Makati.
Volume 1, Issue 2
Remedios P. Magnaye
Cite this article:
Magnaye, R.P. (2020). Self-Perception of ABM Students towards Their Academic, Social and Emotional College Preparedness. International Journal of Educational Management and Development Studies, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp. 1- 18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53378/345961
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
The Most Interesting ABM Research Topics For Students
ABM is an acronym for Accounting, Business, and Management. This strand is one of the academic tracks in the K-12 program, which aims to teach vital concepts and skills related to business and finance. This strand provides future leaders and entrepreneurs with an opportunity to learn essential career skills. For instance, they learn how to interact with clients and strategize money-making moves. Like most courses, ABM students must write research and dissertation papers. The topic you choose for your paper will determine your success and how smoothly your research goes. So, are you looking for a research topic related to the ABM strand?
What Is the Best Research Title for ABM Students?
Interesting research titles for abm students, perfect quantitative research topics for abm students, awesome research topics related to abm strand, abm research titles for student authors, educative qualitative research topics for abm students, abm research titles about accounting, abm research titles about business, abm research titles about management, topics on research problems related to abm strand, business research topics for abm students, well-thought grade 12 abm research topics.
We have prepared some great research topics for ABM students below, including ABM strand quantitative research topics for ABM students and ABM strand ABM research topics. Hopefully, this article will help you find a suitable research title for ABM students.
Research about ABM can be interesting because you have so many examples of quantitative research titles about the ABM strands to choose from. Some of the ABM strand research topics you can never go wrong with include:
- Career paths in business management and accountancy
- The fundamentals of Accountancy, Business, and Management strand
- Essential skills you develop when working with a mentor in business management and accountancy
- Expanding a business: Guidelines for choosing the ideal market
- The role of globalization on consumer behavior
- The correlation between globalization and business behavior
- What is the future of globalization? Will it continue to grow or wear off in the future?
- What are big-box stores, and how can they move toward success in the current business sector?
- The concept of competitive intelligence and its role in business environment success
- The best ways to gather and analyze data about your business environment
- Corporate lobbyists: Their role in America’s future
- Business Vs. General Ethics: the difference and laws
- A guide for defining and attracting a target audience
- Crisis management: a guide for businesses
- How do monopolies impact the corporate sector?
The AMB strand is vast because it involves three subjects, each with several sub-classes. Therefore, choosing a research title for the ABM strand can be challenging as numerous options exist. While many opt for a quantitative research topic about ABM strand pdf, we prepared the following more examples of topics you can use:
- The advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing for a business
- Is outsourcing an ethical business practice?
- A comprehensive guide for negotiation tactics
- Insider trading: what is it, and why is it an offense
- The nature of insider trading and punishments for it
- What would be the ideal punishment for severe corporate crimes?
- Wages and employee productivity: What are the correlations?
- Guidelines for managing employee retention
- The role of staff motivation in employee productivity and retention
- The impact of a low-cost economy on companies and their employees
- The benefits and drawbacks of a low-cost economy on companies
- How to navigate the startup world
- Teenage businesses: a booming phenomenon
- Are small businesses the basics of economics?
- How do third-world countries navigate the business world?
Quantitative research focuses on collecting numerical data and examining stats. Quantitative research for ABM students includes methods like target group surveys. Choosing a quantitative research title for the ABM strand requires keenness. Here are a few quantitative research title examples for ABM students:
- How social media and the internet have changed the corporate world
- Evolutionary aspects of corporate crisis management
- What are the most and least popular services in the corporate world
- Business strategies in the banking sector
- Negotiation and diplomacy: a guide for business owners
- Creating a balanced ecology for increasing production
- Branding: The concept and its place in the modern market
- What challenges do small enterprises face in corporate America?
- Is internet advertisement taking over the world of advertising?
- The psychology behind consumer decision making
- How has feminism influenced the way women consume products and services
- Is advertising in schools an ethical practice?
- Do companies need to offer psychologists for their employees?
- How can companies incorporate and encourage eco-friendly policies and practices in their organizations?
- Should minimum wage be canceled?
Choosing an ABM research title can be hard. However, with some inspiration, you will find a place to start. This section will help you select a research topic about the ABM strand. So here is our collection of ABM strand research topics.
- The rise, fall, and policies of Eastman Kodak
- Do ethics and morality exist in the current business-oriented world?
- The contributors to the high mobile phone sale rates in recent years
- The Apple Company: How has the company maintained its position in the device market?
- Corporate rituals: what are they, examples of the oldest and most rigid ones still in practice
- The role of brainstorming in idea production and business solutions
- The role of a franchise agreement for franchise and franchise holders
- Elements to consider when selecting a sector to expand your business
- Alcohol companies should be obliged to donate to alcohol recovery centers: An explanation
- Brad awareness: How to create a globally recognizable brand
- The financial crisis: what should global and local businesses expect?
- What is the future of commerce and retail in the current digital era?
- Are bank mergers a wise strategy or a recipe for failure?
- Does bankruptcy mean the end of a business?
- Should banks consider bank mergers? If so, when would be the right time?
An ABM research title with the author feels should be well thought out. Here are a few more creative ABM research topics for your consideration:
- Effective competing strategies for local businesses
- How are local businesses influencing the global economy?
- What is the role of employee unions in the United States?
- Should companies encourage their employees to join employee unions?
- How can large businesses help local companies break through the global market without fear of competition?
- Global businesses: how is the internet promoting globalization?
- Does organizational environmental pollution affect consumer trust levels?
- How can businesses incorporate their consumers into eco-friendly practices?
- What are the consequences of overworking employees in the workplace?
- How can you transform your leadership to create a successful business?
Qualitative research answers the whys and hows of a topic. It tests people’s reactions to products and studies client or consumer behaviors. Qualitative research also employs case studies, interviews, and focus groups to gather information on qualitative research topics .
- How can you make a museum exhibition marketable?
- Tobacco companies: Should they be mandated to donate to cancer treatment avenues?
- What are the advantages of owning a recognizable and respectable brand?
- How can you package your brand, so people receive it positively and widely?
- Company image: How does it affect consumer behavior and modern corporate culture?
- Why do certain niche companies gravitate towards hiring youths?
- Why do certain companies prefer female employees to men and the contrary?
- How has the Chinese market benefit from globalization?
- How do business clusters move globalization?
- Should alcohol companies pay higher taxes?
Are you wondering about the ABM research title about accounting to choose? Your choice of a qualitative research topic about the ABM strand will determine the course your research takes. Find a qualitative and quantitative research title about the ABM strand in accounting in the following list.
- Blockchain: How will this improve the future of accounting?
- The impact of COVID-19 on global accountancy firms
- Cryptocurrency: Is this the solution to all current financial issues in the consumerist society?
- Discretionary accruals: Meaning and important ethical considerations
- The role of interest rates on the success of accounting firms
- What would accounting firms look like if interest rates did not exist?
- Do global companies have better accountancy workforces than local ones?
- Should local vendors adopt similar accountancy practices as global companies?
- The role of an efficient accountancy workforce in a company’s success
- Should more global companies jump on the cryptocurrency trend?
Another core subject in the ABM strand is business. It is arguably one of the easiest of the three elements in the ABM strand. However, students still struggle to find a good ABM research topic for business. So, we prepared this research title about business section for you to find a business research title example (research title about business quantitative and quantitative). Find an example of a business research title from the list below:
- Are businesses that were formed during the COVID-19 pandemic still thriving?
- How was launching a business during the pandemic different from any other year?
- AI business models: are they the most integrated business approach model currently?
- How important is language in communicating business goals and reaching your target audience?
- Business ethic theories: do modern businesses follow them as rigorously as conventional ones?
- How do internet-related businesses like Amazon affect other businesses and the general public?
- How to build consumer loyalty in a competitive sector
- Consumer crisis: What is it and how to manage it
- What are the best ways to minimize the risks of low-quality products or ones that do not meet industry standards?
- The value of determining your target market at the conception of a business
Most students panic whenever they choose an ABM research title about management because they lack options. That should not be an issue again because we are here to help. Find an excellent qualitative or quantitative management and advertising research title for ABM students in the section below:
- Career and talent management: Differences and correlations
- Critical elements that affect business management, process planning, and project management
- The role of organizational leadership in small company management
- Construction management: How is it useful and how to do it effectively
- Brand management: What would happen if businesses did not practice effective brand management?
- The best customer risk management practices and why should always have a plan set in place
- An explanation of the concept of consumer management in the current business sector
- How effective management impacts the concept of perfect competition.
- The impact of business management on worker loyalty and productivity rates
- Critical factors to consider when choosing the right management team for a business
- What is subliminal advertising, and what should you know about it?
- How does subliminal advertising work?
- Is product placement a good advertising strategy?
- What is the future of telemarketing in the current corporate world?
- Is telemarketing a thing of the past or a relevant form of advertising?
From ABM research topics quantitative to overall topics related to ABM, there are many approaches you can take for your research. The good thing is you will always benefit from an example of a research title about the ABM strand. Below are a few examples.
- Why do copycat products enter the market so easily?
- How can companies fight for their copyright and prevent copycat products from entering the market?
- Can companies redeem themselves after a corporate crime crisis?
- The role of corporate social responsibility in making a company more socially accountable
- An explanation of the concept of corporate social responsibility
- Corporate crime: What to know about this and how to come back from such a challenge
- The idea of data security in the current business world
- How to protect your data from data corruption, unauthorized access, and other data security issues
- Employee coaching Vs. Employee management: What is the difference and how to organize each practice
- Do businesses still adhere to this ethical principle?
An example of a research title about the business will help you get started. However, you must be keen on the research title about ABM that you select. Find a suitable business research topic for ABM students here:
- Disruptive innovation in business: What are it and essential things you should understand
- Is intellectual capital the key to unlocking your potential?
- The basic components of intellectual capital
- What is the most effective way to match a person to a role in a company?
- Is job sculpting the key to unlocking people’s potential in the workplace?
- Moral principles and regulations that govern business operations in your country
- A guide to the various types of mergers
- Key reasons that motivate companies to turn to merge
- The Starbucks effect in the real estate sector?
- Do people consider the presence of a Starbucks in their environment when making real estate decisions?
- The value of strategic planning when establishing the direction of a small business before its launch
- Labor strikes: What companies do they affect, and what are their consequences?
- The value of company ethics and how companies should establish them
- A guide for setting company ethics for a startup
- The consequences of labor strikes in the general corporate economy
Most ABM students are usually in the 12 th grade. At this academic level, students have the cognitive ability to grasp ABM strand concepts. An ABM research project is a stepping stone for 12 th -grade students to move toward the next level of studies. Therefore, choosing a good topic is mandatory.
A good topic will help you find your ground and write a research paper that stands out. Creativity is an essential quality when picking research topics. However, if you do not trust your creativity, you need not worry. Here are some ABM-related research topics for 12 th -grade students:
- Do undocumented workers have rights?
- Ware the risks of employing undocumented workers in your business?
- What belief system is work ethic, and does it have disadvantages?
- The element of work ethic when selecting employees for your startup
- How to encourage and maintain work-life balance for your employees
- Can a work-life balance help promote productivity in your workplace?
- Is business leadership a learned skill or an in-born talent?
- How much power should stakeholders have in your business?
- How do stakeholders affect the success of a business?
- Why should the corporate sector educate the public on international investment?
- Global competition: is this a successful strategy for local companies or a recipe for success?
- International unemployment is a global phenomenon
- How can local companies help resolve the issue of global unemployment?
- How can large and successful companies create more employment opportunities?
- Forms of ethical conflicts in the business world and how to avoid them
Let’s Help You with ABM Research Topics Selection and Writing
Whether you want to choose an ABM research title about accounting, advertising, management, or other focus areas, you can always depend on us for help. In addition to that, our team is ready to create satisfactory content on any ABM research topic you have. Let’s do this!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
A Qualitative Study of Spending Behavior of ABM Students in STI College Malolos, Bulacan The Problem and its Background
IDA S H A H E E R A BAKHTIAR
Spending habits of students nowadays has become the primary concern in our society given risen in bankruptcy cases. Meanwhile, the spending pattern has become social problems among the younger generation in Malaysia especially in university. These situation of financial not wise manage are often related with poor knowledge in budgeting and financial management for themselve. Therefore, this survey was done on 27 responses. The responses are from students in UTM through a google link questionnaire.This study gather the information from the survey. From the survey information are aims to know the factors influencing the spending habits of students spending. From the survey, the main factor deciding on the spending pattern of students on the non-academic item is the students' spend itself while food and beverage are the ones that most students spend their money.
Christine Faith Nichole B . Abawag
Journal of emerging technologies and innovative research
Norasibah Abdul Jalil
The main purpose of this study is to explore students’ expenditure behavior and their effectiveness in managing their budget. The respondents are comprised of local university students from Business and Economics disciplines, whom are considered as economically and financially literates.1 In order to meet the objectives, three analyses; the income, expenditure and saving analyses, are carried out. The effectiveness of budget management is identified through the saving level. All analyses employ descriptive tests. The results of the first analysis recorded an average income worth RM889.66, while the spending level is RM1077.12 per month. The difference between the average income and spending level is -RM187.46. This difference is the value of the saving level. The finding provides indication that the university students have inclination to overspend. We these findings we may conclude, in terms of behavior, students have high inclination to spend more than their level of income, and t...
This research described the financial literacy and spending habits of Bachelor of Science in Accounting Information System (BSAIS) students. Total enumeration sampling was utilized in choosing the 116 respondents from PHINMA Araullo University at Barangay Bitas, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija, Philippines during the Academic Year 2020-2021.The respondents answered questionnaires adopted and modified by the researchers. The researchers divided the questionnaire into two parts. The first part pertains to the financial literacy of the respondents and the second part is about their spending habits as to academic, food, and personal needs. The questionnaire was a 4-point Likert Scale. The data gathered were tallied and analyzed using weighted mean, and set into tables for interpretation and analysis. Results revealed that the respondentshave good financial literacy. Likewise, they were good spender of their money as to their food, personal and academic needs.
Lyceum of the Philippines University Batangas
Money, through the years, has been a commodity for everyone. As it is termed in international trade parlance, it is considered to be " sine qua non " or without which, nothing could be done. This study aimed to determine the current status of the spending practices of the teaching personnel in Lyceum of the Philippines University – Batangas; specifically, their profile, spending behavior and their encountered problems related to the forgoing matter. This study is descriptive in nature. It was participated by 161 teaching personnel of LPU-Batangas computed and selected through the G* power series with an effective size of 40 percent and power size of 95 percent. It made use of an adopted and modified questionnaire as its primary data gathering instrument which has three parts. The needed data were encoded, tallied and interpreted using different statistical tools such as frequency distribution, ranking, weighted mean and F-Test; and were further analyzed and interpreted through PASW version 19 using 0.05 alpha levels. From the results, it was concluded that the respondents had an often type of spending on the Basic Necessity. Moreover, overspending is the problem that was most encountered by the respondents. Various recommendations were posted by the researchers including a proposed plan of action that could help improve the spending behavior of the faculty members of LPU Batangas.
Psychology and Education: A Multidisciplinary Journal
Psychology and Education , Ester Rose S . Alikes , Genevieve L. Sagandoy
This study was conducted to examine the money management practices of Business Administration students at the Mountain Province state Polytechnic College including the problems encountered, and the remedies taken to address them. A survey method was used, and convenience sampling was utilized to determine the sample size for the respondents. The data were gathered through questionnaires and personal interviews. The study's findings indicate that most respondents prioritized saving for long-term goals but do not invest their money for insurance or gainful purposes. Most students keep a record of their expenditures but many neglects to create a budget plan and end up spending more of their budget. The result also showed that their primary problem is lack of money for unforeseen expenditures or emergencies. The solution utilized to address the issue is to save funds for the future. Hence, the Business Administration Department may consider enhancing personal finance topics in its curriculum. The college should reconsider designing financial literacy programs that may be integrated in the student orientations. Skills training should also be provided to assist the students in developing their financial and business skills.
Mersid Poturak , Minela Hadzic
Asian Social Science
Psychology and Education , Marlon Jan Garcia , Peter Cagatao
International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine
SKIREC Publication- UGC Approved Journals
International Journal of Research
raras risia yogasnumurti
Cognizance Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies (CJMS)
Cognizance Journal Multidisciplinary Studies
International Journal of Multidisciplinary: Applied Business and Education Research
Alexander Franco Delantar
Jurnal Ilmiah Akuntansi Universitas Pamulang
Norhasbi B I N T I Abdul Samad
DR. ZURAIDAH MOHAMED ISA
Jurnal Pendidikan Bisnis dan Manajemen
International Journal of Economic, Business, Accounting, Agriculture Management and Sharia Administration (IJEBAS)
Ade Gunawan S.E,M.Si UMSU
Business and Economics Research Journal
Jurnal Bisnis dan Manajemen
7Th European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Economic Education Analysis Journal
Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Applied Economics and Social Science
Rendika Vhalery , Yulhendri Yulhendri , Hasdi Aimon
International Journal of Business and Applied Social Science
Jurnal Kajian Manajemen Bisnis
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
417 Business Topics & Research Titles about Business
The corporate world is the world of the future – there’s no doubt about that. And education in ABM will help you conquer it!
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
What is ABM strand, exactly?
ABM stands for Accountancy, Business, and Management. Future leaders and entrepreneurs pursue education in this field to learn the skills essential for their careers. They study how to run a business. How to talk to clients. And, of course, how to come up with strategies to earn money.
Looking for exciting business topics to write about in a paper or dissertation? Here you’ll find a list of research titles about business, as well as ABM qualitative and quantitative research ideas collected by Custom-writing.org experts. We hope that these business and management research topics will inspire you for your own project or for a heated discussion.
❣️ Choosing an ABM Qualitative or Quantitative Research Topic
👔 business topics to write about, 💸 business topics on marketing, 📈 accounting research titles about business, 💫 business management research topics, 👷 business topics on hr, 🤔 abm strand research faq, 🔍 references.
The key part of acquiring any education is writing a research paper . Why do it? First, it’s a test of a student’s analytical, writing, and research skills. Second, being able to conduct business research is paramount to its success.
- It helps you communicate with customers.
- It helps you scan the marketplace for threats and opportunities.
- It helps you understand how to minimize risks.
- It helps you plan your investments effectively.
- It helps you keep your hand on the pulse of the current trends in the market.
The obtained skills will guide you through the entirety of your professional career. It’s an experience that can’t be skipped. We’ve hand-picked 417 research topics related to the ABM strand, just for you. Here, you will find the best ideas for your future ABM research paper masterpiece.
The first step in writing an ABM research paper is choosing a topic. With the abundance of ABM research topics ideas on the Internet, it’s not an easy task. Simply picking one won’t do the trick. You will need to juggle relevance, applicability, and your own personal interest in the subject.
There are two main types of AMB research methods: qualitative and quantitative.
- Qualitative research answers the why and the how questions. It tests customers’ reaction to new products and studies consumer behaviors. Case studies, interviews, and focus groups are the common methods of collecting such data.
- Quantitative research collects numerical data and analyzes stats. The common methods include various surveys in target groups.
What ABM fields to explore are out there?
- Financial accounting (aka accountancy) is creating financial statements to be distributed within and outside of a company.
- Management accounting is creating operational reports to be distributed only within a company.
- Banking and finance are all about financial services provided to customers, and the laws of investment.
- Business administration is supervising and overseeing various business operations.
- Marketing is all about the promotion of buying and selling services and products.
- Entrepreneurship is all about the process of coming up with, starting and managing a new business.
- Human resource development management is all about reaching the top potential of the employees.
- Hospitality management is overseeing and supervising various administrative tasks of a resort or hotel.
- Tourism is all about attracting, housing, and entertaining tourists, and organizing tours for them.
Getting lost in this embarrassment of riches? Let’s single out the five of the trendiest areas of ABM research. They are: business, marketing, accounting, project management, and human resources. Want to see more examples of research titles about ABM strand? More on them down below!
Decided to go with a business-related topic for your ABM research paper?
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
We have you covered!
Here are some of the freshest ideas for a relevant business research paper. Enjoy our selection of business research topics and research titles for ABM students. Choose one and prove that your finger is on the pulse of the modern market world!
- Is poverty a concern of a corporation? How can corporations contribute to social development? Should they concern themselves with it in the first place, and to what degree? How can corporate social responsibility result in the betterment of the market? How can a corporation’s perceived awareness produce a positive image for the customers?
- Labor relations : the latest tendencies and the predictions for the future. Analyze the contemporary trends in the labor-corporate relationship. What issues are likely to emerge in 2025-2030? Back up your conclusion with real-life examples.
- Diversity as a contemporary working reality. Due to globalization, people of various backgrounds tend to work together, more and more so. Does it influence the working process at all? Does the difference between genders, ages, and ethnicities hinder or facilitate business? Should the companies ensure that there’s diversity among their employees , and why? How should the work environments be organized to maximize efficiency?
- Personal networking : labor-corporate communication tool. How does the number of people you know correlate with the chances of finding the best partners, workers, and customers? Is it an exponential or a sine curve? Produce real-life examples.
- E-business: the world-wide globalization process. Some of the most successful modern businesses operate almost exclusively online. What are the examples? Assess the role of integration in their workflow. What are the overall perspectives of SCM (supply-chain management) in the realities of e-business?
- Leadership and business in the modern world. Is there a significant difference in the styles and strategies implemented by the leaders in the 21 century as compared to the earlier eras? How do modern leaders adjust to contemporary business realia? What are the challenges and opportunities? What are the global trends? Produce real-life examples.
- Copyright law : is it on the side of the artist or the company representing them? How has copyright law evolved through the times? What drove it so? To what extent does it protect modern artists? How can a copyright corporation exploit it, and to what degree? Produce real-life examples. Are there any court precedents?
- Advertisement and consumer behavior . What types of advertisements prove to be the most effective? Back up your data with research results. What are the latest trends in the world of advertisement? What are the advantages and disadvantages of online and offline advertising? What mistakes can be made by a brand that is trying to produce a positive image through advertisement?
- Apple : how to turn your brand into a religion. What are the factors behind the success of the Apple corporation? Is it just clever advertising, or is there something more to that? How does Apple build a following of brand loyalists? Does Apple face any difficulties in the realities of the modern harsh brand competition? What are your predictions for the nearest future of Apple corporation?
- Word of mouth: a fossil or a gem? Who usually relies on this form of advertisement the most? How can an already well-established corporation benefit from it? How does word of mouth differ from other types of advertisement? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Produce real-life examples of a brand’s or organization’s success due to word of mouth.
- Facebook and business . How can Facebook be used as a modern platform for conducting business? Does it have any advantages as compared to other online platforms? What are the disadvantages? What successful companies use Facebook as a business platform?
- Pay for performance: a source of loyalty or displeasure ? What’s the best strategy for an employer to link pay and performance? Should pay increases be dependent on just the performance of an employee, or should other factors also be considered? Back up your reasoning with research results.
- Local customization vs. global standardization. What are the pros and cons of each of the approaches? What companies are known to implement both strategies successfully? Give examples.
- External recruiting vs. Internal promotions . What are the pros and cons of each of the approaches? How can a company implement both strategies successfully? Which is a more cost-effective approach? Why is it impossible to stick to just one of the strategies?
- Does a multinational corporation have a motherland? Is it obligatory for a multinational corporation to have a strong presence in its home country? What are the economic benefits or downsides of it? Produce real-life examples.
- Management by walking around (MBWA). What is the reasoning behind it, and how is it implemented? Is it a boost for productivity or a stress for employees? Who needs it more – the employees or the manager? Is it effective? Illustrate your point with research results.
- The AIDA formula in advertising. What exactly is the AIDA formula? Why is it popular nowadays, and how does it compare to the other formulas for creating advertisements? Is it the key to a successful message broadcasting or a hindrance to creativity?
- Free market : an achievable goal or a utopia? What exactly is the concept of a free market? What are the advantages of such a system? What are the disadvantages? Are there any real-life examples, and what can be learned from them?
- Family business : pros and cons. Are there any modern examples of a successful family business? What might be the downsides of such a business model? What are the advantages? What can be learned from the examples of exercising interpersonal relations in business?
- Franchises vs. “from scratch” businesses. Why having a franchise is a go-to option for a lot of corporations? What benefits does it produce? Are there any downsides? Which business model is easier to maintain? Which business model is more cost-effective?
- Marijuana business in the US: state law vs. federal law. What is the current stand of federal law on the issue? What about state law? What is your prediction for the marijuana-based businesses for the nearest future?
- Governments vs. private businesses. How does the government manage private businesses in your country? What is the best strategy for a government-private business relationship? How does this relationship reflect on the economy of the country?
- The Internet and consumer behavior . How does the Internet shape consumer behavior in modern days? Are there any drastic changes in consumer behavior as compared to ten years ago? Is the Internet just a new platform for advertising, or is there more to that? Produce real-life examples.
- The culture of consumerism . What exactly is this phenomenon? Is it really a thing or just a popular penny dreadful? Is it a natural occurrence or an artificial design created by the major companies for increasing profit? What proofs of the latter can be produced?
- The best countries to invest into in 2020. How can a country be invested into? Why would some corporations choose to do it? What are the criteria? Is it cost-effective? What are the real-life examples?
Here are some more business research topics to explore:
- Outsourcing: its advantages and disadvantages for a business. Is it ethical?
- Authors and copyright: which works better, legal names or nom de plumes?
- Negotiation tactics : understanding authority.
- Oil prices impacts on consumer behavior in Turkey .
- Corruption cases: do state officials have a higher chance of succeeding with a request for dismissal?
- Juicy Fruit: business strategies and product promotion .
- Insider trading : how the nature of the offence and the punishment for it has changed through the decades.
- American Airlines: the secret of success .
- Alcohol: the advantages of the sale and consumption laws for the society’s well-being.
- Organizational change capacity concept .
- Death penalty : should it apply for the most severe corporate crimes?
- The correlation between wages and employee productivity.
- The correlation between strategic management and employee productivity .
- The impact of staff motivation on employee productivity.
- Managing employee retention .
- Low-cost economy: companies benefits and drawbacks .
- Sales letter vs. waste bin: how to avoid spam folder?
- Startups: how to.
- L’Oreal and Procter & Gamble: financial analysis .
- Teenagers vs. business: the phenomenon of teenage business.
- Logistical system: private and public warehouses combining .
- Small business : the basis of economics.
- Coca-Cola and PepsiCo: Comparative Analysis .
- Third-world countries: how is business done there?
- Taxes : types and uses.
- The role of corporate lobbyists in American future .
- Business ethics: is there a difference from general ethics? What are the laws?
- What are the cultural differences of doing business in different countries?
- Roadrunner Sport: social and digital media strategies .
- The target audience : how to define it and how to attract it?
- Crisis management in business.
- Call centers outside the US: pros & cons .
- Risks: how to calculate them in your business endeavor.
- Monopolies : how do they impact the market?
- Business dynasties: how does family business operate?
- Copyright law : how does it operate?
- A gaming lounge: business plan .
- Services: what are the most and least popular in the market?
- Dell Company: global strategies .
- Charity: is it a good advertisement strategy for a business?
- How to balance ecology and increasing production.
- SunTrust: business strategies in banking industry .
- Corporate culture : what company rituals are common in business?
- Negotiation and diplomacy in business.
- TransGlobal Airlines as a monopoly .
- A healthy working environment and its importance in business
- Google’s success: a case study .
- Brands: what’s their place in the modern market?
- American Airlines’ and US Airways merger .
- Military crisis: a hindrance or a boost for business?
- Small enterprises: what are the challenges?
- British Petroleum: the corruption case .
- Internet advertisement: is it overtaking the world of advertising?
- The psychology behind people’s decision to buy a more expensive product or a higher quantity of it.
- Feminism: how does it influence the way women consume?
- Hilton’s investments into the Italian tourism sector: causes and effects .
- Teenagers and brands: what brands are the most popular among modern teenagers?
- Mandatory recycling: how would it affect the prices? Would it be cost-effective in the long term?
- Advertising in schools: is it acceptable?
- Social media: what marketing strategies are used there? Does it influence offline advertisement?
- Tariffs on car imports in Ukraine .
- Employee stress : does every company need to offer services of a psychologist?
- Sports and art: do corporate extracurricular classes enhance employees’ creativity and result in a healthy work environment?
- Walmart company: environmental sustainability .
- Eco-friendliness: how can more eco-friendly policies be encouraged in companies and businesses?
- The concept of perfect competition .
- Personal guns: does the successful handgun production industry depend on their free distribution?
- BMW group sustainability plan .
- Minimum wage : should it be canceled? Why?
- Starbucks, Toyota and Google: missions comparison .
- Commerce and retail: what is the future? Will shopping activity move completely to the Internet?
- Toyota and Plexus: pricing strategies .
- Internet advertising: is it more effective than other types of advertisement?
- Tobacco production: should higher taxes apply to the tobacco companies? Should they be obliged to donate to cancer treatment centers?
- Alcohol production: should higher taxes apply to alcohol companies? Should they be obliged to donate to alcohol treatment centers?
- Xerox: company profile and overview .
- Business ethics: how does it influence important decisions made by a company?
- Ethics and morality in a business-oriented world.
- The rise and fall of Eastman Kodak .
- A museum exhibition: how can it be made marketable?
- The business guide to sustainability .
- Mobile phones: what has facilitated their high sales rates in recent years?
- Under Armour: company analysis and strategic alternatives .
- International human resources : what are the major challenges and pitfalls?
- Corporate rituals: what are the oldest and most rigid ones that are still practiced in companies?
- Brainstorming: how effective is it in producing ideas and business solutions?
- Healthy work environment: what does it look like, and how can it be created?
- Financial crisis: how does it affect business in the US and worldwide?
- Famous brands: what are the associated advantages of owning a product of a recognizable and respectable brand? Why are consumers often willing to pay for it more than for a less well-known alternative?
- Image: how does it affect the modern business culture and consumer behavior?
- Gender: does it influence the ability to manage small and large teams?
- Hiring youth: why certain niche companies prefer to employ young people? What are the examples?
- Differences in ethnic cultures: how do they influence team-building?
- Differences in ages: do they create difficulties in departmental cross-functional cooperation?
- Gender: why certain companies prefer to employ more women than men and vice versa? Are efficiency stereotypes empirically and numerically confirmed?
- Fitness franchises : why are they more and more popular?
- Franchise models: what types are out there? Which would you choose for a coffee house? Other examples are welcome.
- Franchise promotion: is it the responsibility of the franchisee or of the franchise holder?
- Franchise agreement: which items should be included to save from excessive spending with no reward?
- What factors must be considered when choosing the market for business expansion ?
- Globalization and consumer behavior: how does one affect the other?
- Chinese market: how does it benefit from globalization?
- Globalization: will it continue to spread, or will it cease to decrease?
- Business clusters: how do they move globalization?
- Bank mergers : a wise strategy or a result of failure? When should a bank consider this move?
- Bankruptcy : what are the most common reasons for it? Does it necessarily spell the end for a business?
- Big-box stores : how to ensure the success of a big-box retailer?
- Brand awareness: how to make people remember and recognize your brand?
- Competitive intelligence : what are the best ways to gather and analyze information about the business environment?
- Consumer loyalty: how to make a consumer develop a behavioral tendency of favoring one brand’s products over the other?
- Consumer risk management: what are the best ways to minimize the potential risk of a product not meeting quality standards entering the marketplace? How to make it cost-effective?
- Copycat products: why do they enter the market so easily, and what are the ways for a brand to fight for its copyright?
- Corporate crime : how is it best for a company to redeem its reputation after being compromised?
- Corporate social responsibility : how does this business model help make a company be socially accountable?
- People Water: corporate social responsibility .
- Customer competencies: how to enable your customers to learn and engage in an active dialogue?
- Data security : how to protect data from unauthorized access and data corruption?
- Downtown revitalization: how can it be beneficial for a business?
- Ruth’s Chris restaurants: SWOT analysis .
- Employee coaching: how is it different from managing? How is it best to organize employee coaching in a big / small company?
- The “Do no harm” ethical principle in business.
- Green products : are they good for a business? How can a company use less packaging, and reduce the amount of disposed toxics?
- Industry disruptor: what is a disruptive innovation in business?
- Intellectual capital: what are the components and what is the best way to unlock their potential?
- Job sculpting: what is the best way to match a person to a job that unlocks their potential to the fullest degree?
- Marketing ethics : what are the moral principles behind the regulation and operation of marketing in your country?
- Mergers : what are the types, and why do businesses do it?
- Organigraphs: how to graphically represent a company’s structure and processes? How are organigraphs different from a traditional organizational chart?
- Philanthropy: what are the competitive advantages of corporate philanthropy?
- Quality circles: how does it influence business positively?
- Regional planning: how to place infrastructure across a large area of land efficiently?
- Customer service initiatives: how to learn what your customers dislike, tolerate, and actively appreciate?
- Bagel Store vs. Subway: comparative analysis .
- Shared services model: why are they cost-efficient?
- Short-term financing: in what types of businesses does it apply best?
- Starbucks Effect: how does a Starbucks store affect home and property values?
- Groupon: daily deal or lasting success ?
- Strategic planning : how to establish the direction of a small business?
- IBM Corporation: business strategies .
- Labour strikes: what causes them? What are the consequences for a business in particular and for the economy in general?
- Companies’ ethics: concepts and cases .
- Subliminal advertising: how do they work?
- Telemarketing: a thing from the past or a relevant method of advertising?
- Underage workers: how does employment of minors work?
- Underwriting: who provides underwriting services and who receives them?
- Undocumented workers: do they have rights, and what are the risks?
- Unions: what is their stand in your country?
- Whistle blowing: is it regarded ethical in modern business practice?
- Work ethic : what kind of belief system is that? Does it have any downsides?
- Work-life balance : what are the ways of encouraging and maintaining it?
- Business leadership: is it a skill that can be learned?
- Stakeholders : what is their impact on the success of a business?
- Global unemployment: why is it a worldwide phenomenon? What are the solutions to the problem?
- International investment : why is it important to educate the public on its benefits?
- International competition: what are the strategic measures of survival for local companies?
- Job creation : how can big and small businesses create jobs?
- Businesses and oceans: why is it crucial to institute and implement environmentally-friendly approaches?
- Ethical conflicts: how to avoid cultural, religious, and political arguments at work?
- Organizational environmental pollution: how does it affect consumer trust levels?
- Business negotiation: what are the styles of intercultural dialogue?
- Excessive work: what are the consequences of overworking ?
Marketing is one of the most prominent entities that govern our world. It’s the cornerstone of business, serving to identify and satisfy customers’ wants and needs. Without marketing, there is no business!
Here are some of the most relevant marketing research paper topics and ideas. Choose one, and you are bound to impress your professor!
Just 13.00 10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
- Coronavirus: a case study. How has COVID-19 affected consumer behavior worldwide ? What about your own country? Are there any glaring examples of inadequate consumer behavior? What are the reasons behind them? How do different businesses deal with the consequences of quarantine? Produce examples of marketing centered around Coronavirus.
- Zoom: a case study. How did Zoom manage to become a go-to platform during the Coronavirus outbreak ? Was it the brand’s clever marketing, or did something else influence the consumer choice? How did Zoom manage to outperform the dozens of rival video conferencing services? What are the numbers? Make your predictions on whether the company will be able to sustain its success after quarantine is over.
- Gillette #MeToo commercial: a case study. How did the brand express its political stand on a pressing social subject? Did the campaign ultimately succeed in its goal? Did the backlash harm Gillette’s reputation, or was it a sign of successful branding? How did it ultimately reflect on sales? What can be learned from the data?
- Xbox Series X: a case study. The Xbox Series X is the successor of the popular Xbox One home video game console. It is scheduled for release in late 2020. How is it advertised? How does its marketing campaign impact user behavior? Is it a fast process? Analyze the concept and the marketing campaign of the product.
- Colin Kaepernick in a Nike commercial: a case study. How did the brand use an existing political situation to its advantage? Did the campaign ultimately succeed in its goal, or did it merely taint Nike’s reputation? Was it marketing genius or brand failure? What do the numbers say? What can be learned from the data?
- Brexit and consumer behavior. How has Brexit affected consumer buying behavior in the UK? What about the EU? How did it impact currency exchange rate? What businesses benefited from it? What can be learned from the data?
- Same product, different branding: a comparison. Two companies are selling the same product – only branding and packaging are different. What influences customers’ choice? Is the price relevant in this equation? What can be learned from the data?
- Addictive consumer behavior. What brands are known to inspire addictive consumer behavior? What marketing tools do they employ? Are there any downsides for a business? Should companies be held liable for maniacal consumer behavior?
- Corporate social responsibility as a brand marketing tool. How effective is it? Produce examples of brands whose sales increased after a charity or awareness campaign. What can be learned from the data? What are the pitfalls of the CPR approach?
- The ROI in athletics. What exactly is return on investment? How is it calculated? Why is there close public attention to the ROI factor in athletics? How can ROI be used as a marketing tool? Produce real-life examples.
- Slack: a case study. How popular is Slack as compared to rival platforms offering similar services? How much of its success can be attributed to marketing? Is its success currently on the rise or on the decline?
- Uber : a case study. How has Uber become the leading company in its field? Analyze its history. What role did marketing play in its success? Analyze the company’s exit from the Chinese, Russian, and South Asian markets. Why did the company choose to do it? What benefits did it gain by doing so? What’s the current stand of the company?
- Facebook : a case study. Facebook has faced a lot of backlash in recent years. How did the company manage it? What are the examples of Facebook’s different takes on marketing influenced by the company’s negative publicity?
- Marketing in recession : a case study. The 2008 global financial crisis took a great toll on the markets worldwide. Nevertheless, there are stories of success for new products introduced to the market at the time. What companies managed to successfully roll out a product in the time following the 2008 global financial crisis? Give a case study of such a company.
- Microsoft : a case study. How does Microsoft advertise its products? How are traditional storefronts doing market-wise as compared to the recent advertising trend, mobile phone marketing? What choices does the IT giant make concerning mobile ad targeting? Is it successful?
- Black Friday : what’s the secret behind the phenomenon? Does it offer real value for money or is it simply a psychological trick of clever marketing?
- Digital transformation: how to create an effective digital marketing budget?
- Production expenditure: how does marketing affect it?
- Jeep company’s marketing .
- The Internet of things : what exactly is IoT? What are the examples? How can marketing be incorporated into it?
- Volkswagen company’s information technology .
- Volkswagen in America: managing IT priorities .
- Relationship banking: how has it been influenced by digital promotion and mobile money accessibility? How is mobile banking redefining the customer-bank relationship?
- Apple Computer Inc.: maintaining the music business .
- Credit card responsibility: how to limit compulsive buying behaviors for credit card holders?
- Corporate social responsibility: how do organizations use CSR to reinforce brand equity?
- Servus Credit Union Ltd: marketing strategies .
- Marketing manipulation tactics: what do brands do to get more customers?
- Herfy’s marketing strategy in India .
- Social media marketing as an image builder: different ways of communicating your brand image on the YouTube, Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
- Consumer motivation on the BevCo example .
- Influencers: how can Internet-famous people impact the buying choices of consumers ?
- A Coffee shop marketing strategy .
- Direct marketing strategies: are consumers equipped enough to shield themselves from it?
- The “Do no harm” ethical principle in business .
- Maternity: what is the best way to market baby products?
- Family orientation: how does it affect marketing in general?
- Online shopping : what do buyers look for when shopping online? What attributes do they compare when choosing the product?
- Harley Davidson, Naked Juice, and Tropicana Juice: brand perception analysis .
- Global marketing: how does it incorporate standardization?
- Social class differentiation: how do financial institutions market their products and services differently on the basis of social class?
- Snapple Juice: marketing strategies .
- Internet marketing: what trends can be expected to dominate the online world in the future?
- Marketing and culture : how do advertising strategies vary across different cultures?
- The Green Motor Car Company: marketing strategy .
- Political campaigns : how can they impact advertising? Produce real-life examples.
- Impulsive buying : how does it occur, and how do brands exploit it?
- American Marketing Association: promotion strategy .
- Loyalty cards: do they boost sales and encourage customer loyalty?
- Brand trust: is it possible for well-marketed brands to get away with selling products of substandard quality?
- Trust as the way to develop proper company-clients relationships .
- Globalization : what is its impact on consumer behavior?
- Customer loyalty : what brand attributes result in it?
- Market monopoly: what are some of the successful marketing approaches that can help break through it?
- Cause marketing : how does it impact a brand’s affinity with its target audience?
- Brand equity : what is the effect of discount offerings and consumer promotions on it?
- The outcomes of advertising in a recession
- Top-of-mind awareness: how is it best achieved in modern times? Produce real-life data.
- Event sponsorships and customer perceptions: how to?
- Mobile ad targeting: pros and cons of mobile ad targeting based on users’ browser and app history.
- Mortgage marketing: how to make customers be able to differentiate between various mortgage options offered by competing banks?
- Drones production company marketing plan .
- Click baiting: a promising novelty in sponsored posts promotion or a brand-compromising nuisance, best to be avoided for fear of bad associations with the brand?
- Who are the consumers of Nivea?
- Celebrity endorsement : what’s its impact on ROI for CPG brands?
- Comparison advertising: is it effective in building brand equity?
- Do consumers prefer purchasing routine grocery products online?
- Is earned media perceived to be as important as it appears to be?
- Word of mouth: what makes people want to forward content to their friends?
- Viral content: how to?
- Evolving family structures: what has changed and how to address it with marketing?
- Augmented reality : how is it enhancing marketing experiences?
- Artificial intelligence: what role does it play in modern marketing?
- Advertising to children : how to? What are the pitfalls?
- Brand salience: how to?
- Humour in advertising: what’s the impact, and what’s the customer response?
As you are very well aware, accounting is all about numbers and measurements. It’s even been called the language of business! That’s why writing a research paper on one of the accounting research paper topics is such a good idea. You are going to master it in no time!
What are the main fields of accounting?
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Tax Accounting
There are carefully selected topics down below that explore each of those fields. Just go there and choose one – it’s that easy!
- Taxes and politics. How do organizations fight for the reduction of the taxes they have to pay? How can politicians influence the tax rate in different spheres? Are there any real-life examples of that? How can this situation be curbed?
- Financial markets . What are commodities and stocks? What is the role of financial markets in the global economy? Why are there few people who understand financial markets? What issues does it raise? What can be done about it?
- Accounting information systems . What are the most popular accounting systems used by businesses nowadays? What are the most modern ones? How rapid is the flow of information today? How does it influence modern accounting? What can be done to advance it even further?
- Managing and accounting. How can managerial accounting help a company make better decisions? How does it work? What are the possible examples of successful and unsuccessful decisions made in a company based on the managerial accounting reports?
- Personal finances . Why should individuals hire personal accountants? How can this practice be systematized? What are the alternatives? Produce examples of modern mobile accounting applications and free online services. What are the pitfalls to be aware of?
- Debt management. Why does such a serious issue exist in the modern world? Produce the current numbers of people for whom debt is a life-governing factor. What is the reason behind the prevalence of this problem? Who may benefit from this situation? How can this be fixed?
- Auditing collusion. What is employee / auditing collusion? How can it result in an unfair marketing advantage? Why is it illegal? Produce real-life examples of auditing collusion disrupting marketing equilibrium. What can be done to anticipate and prevent such occurrences in companies?
Below are some other accounting research topics to explore:
- Accounting decisions: what are the criteria for making them correctly?
- General principles of accounting .
- Forensic accounting : how does the investigation process go? What are the role and essential skills of forensic accountants?
- Accounting theory: how is it influenced by culture?
- Tax assessment: how to correctly assess the tax on organizational earnings?
- The 2008 global financial crisis : what factors were the primary cause?
- What are the steps on the way to becoming a certified accountant ?
- Accounting ethics: what are the modern dilemmas?
- Accounting history : what are the historical prospects for the best accounting practices?
- Accounting systems: what are the risks in the process of developing their design?
- Earnings management: what are the perspectives?
- Tax reduction : what are the most effective ways of doing it for organizations?
- Managerial accounting: what are the effects of financial markets on management accounting?
- Financial fraud : what are the ways to escape it?
- Accounting theories: what is their meaning for business?
- Nortel Networks Corporation Accounting Theory .
- Normative theories: what are the issues with normative theorizing in accounting?
- Theoretical concepts: how to implement them in practical accounting?
- Earnings management: how to best organize it in a company?
- Cash flow: what is the effect of external factors on cash flow in an organization?
- Online accounting: can accountancy be effectively based on the Internet?
- Offshore accounting: how does it work? What are the pros and cons?
- Accounting systems: which are the most effective for accountants?
- Tax code: how to?
- Islamic banking : how is it different from the European approach?
- Financial markets: what are the known commodities?
- Financial markets: what is their role in the global economy?
- Financial transparency: what are the strategies to make organizational finances transparent?
- Cloud computing : what is its role in data management for accounting information systems?
- Personal investment: important factors .
- The ideal framework for AIS: what does an ideal framework for an accounting information system in multinational cooperatives look like?
- Food production company: a financial plan .
- Decision-making process: what is the role of AIS in the decision making process for medium / large economic enterprises?
- Accounting frauds: analyze three major accounting frauds of the last decade in detail. Why is ethical judgment needed in accounting at all times?
- Intellectual capital: how do two major business companies (of your choice) build a relationship between their financial statements and their intellectual capital?
- Education for senior executives: how can business education for senior executives influence hedging behavior?
- Non-profit accounting: what are its financial reporting requirements?
Project management is the cornerstone of doing business. After all, how can you do anything without organizing it first? You may think, “Oh, but that’s easy… I just do it!” But that’s not how it works in modern business.
In big corporations, the way you organize a project is often synonymous with its eventual success or failure. Project managers need all of their knowledge, skills, and techniques to make projects meet the requirements. Want to look deeper into the processes and secrets behind project management? The idea for your perfect project management research paper is waiting for you down below!
- Project management software . Which project management tools dominate the market today? Are they cost-effective? What do they primarily focus on (e.g., cost, scheduling time, etc.)? Analyze different project management software and find out whether they really lead to project success and increase productivity or not.
- Humanitarian logistics. How do system dynamics and project management principles affect logistics operations? The need for humanitarian logistics has increased around the world due to the rise in environmental disasters (earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.). How can the sustained damages be reduced? Analyze the collaboration between system dynamics and humanitarian logistics. How does it impact flows in the supply chain, stakeholders, and responses? What are the best adaptations of project management theories?
- Project delay causes. Identify the leading symptoms and causes of project delays. How does it impact the project life cycle? How do global construction companies cope with it? What strategies have they devised to deal with the issue?
- Factors of project selection. What are the primary factors that affect selecting a project? Analyze the shift of project benefits approach towards customer-centricity. What is the reason for it? What is the difference between the two approaches? Which is more effective in modern business?
- IT industry and agile project management . What is the impact of agile project management on productivity in IT companies? Analyze it using quantitative research techniques. Measure improvement of productivity, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. Analyze and report the outputs of the data using empirical hypothesis testing methods.
- Implementation of project management practices . What is the impact of an organization on how project management practices are implemented? Analyze the more informal and people-focused project management practices that are used in small and medium-sized enterprises. Use mixed methods research techniques such as interviews and surveys. Choose companies from a specific sphere to collect data. Examine the size of the company and how it impacts project management practices.
- Communication and quality. How significant is communication in maintaining timely delivery and quality of project activities? Analyze the importance of communication between the organization of a project and its stakeholders (external and internal). How does efficient communication help an organization meet the expectations?
- Team conflict dynamics model: what conflict types and team conflict profiles are there? How can they produce resolutions that can lead a project to success?
- Culture and conflict management: how different cultures of project managers may influence the methods of conflict resolution they implement? How does a project manager’s background affect the way they identify misdeeds and the way they try to deal with conflicts that arise in their project?
- Project misalignment with business objectives: how does it affect the overall project performance?
- Project management soft skills : how important are they in the context of project success rates? What is the cost of training, and what are the benefits? How do they help the project achieve the desired outcome?
- Psychosocial stressors: how do they impact project manager performance? What types of psychosocial stressors are there? Does organizational culture have any mediating effect? Use real-life data.
- Project management research trends: how do they influence project success? What is the relationship between project management research trends and social-economic trends?
- Project management maturity factors: how do they influence project success in large enterprises? How come the role of projects has increased worldwide, but the overall number of successful projects hasn’t changed? What is the relationship between project performance factors and organizational project management maturity?
- Agile-scrum beyond IT: how can it bring managerial benefits to other sectors? Analyze its potential for the healthcare industry. Illustrate how it may be applied to develop frameworks for quality and timeliness improvement. How can it help deliver healthcare in a large-scale patient setting?
- Project completion rate: how do organizational characteristics influence it in the construction industry? Analyze data on project performance using key performance indicators (KPIs). Use social network analysis tools to document organizational characteristics.
- Leadership style as a mediator: how to connect collaboration satisfaction and emotional intelligence? What leadership styles are there? What are their roles as mediators between emotional intelligence and collaboration satisfaction?
- Effective project scheduling system: what are the effects of the application of this planning and scheduling style in construction projects? Use the critical path method (CPM) in the analysis of drafting and subsequent implementation of an effective project scheduling system for manufacturing renewable energy plants.
- Effective project manager appointment guidelines: how to design and implement them for construction companies in XYZ? How do two types of leadership styles, person-centered and team-centered, differ when used by project managers? How can one balance them? What does Archer say on the topic in her Realist social theory? Use the data from your analysis for designing effective project manager appointment guidelines to be implemented in XYZ construction companies.
- Controlling costs in project management: a systems approach. Analyze the work of the research and development departments for a US-based consumer goods manufacturer.
- Management: power, authority, and influence .
- Culture, project performance, and IT industry: what might be the causes of delay and failure due to cultural factors?
- CISCO Systems Inc: strategies and management .
- Initiation stage of a project: a review. Analyze the work of the US medicine sector.
- Similar but different: review the similarities and differences in how people practice project management across the world.
- Effective teamwork role for organizations performance .
- Competitive advantage: does a company gain a competitive advantage by implementing expert management in a project?
- Canbide Corporation: operations management tools .
- Critical path analysis: how do project managers plan for it and assess it?
- Diversity: management practices and principles .
- The uncertainty: how valid is it in lengthy and difficult projects in the US construction industry?
- Transformational and transactional leadership models .
- The history: investigate and analyze the development and evolution of project management across the past 20 years.
- The qualities of an efficient leader .
- Understanding the intricacies: how important is the grasp of the project’s intricate nature for its effective management?
- McDonalds: management effectiveness .
- Benchmarking project management maturity: analyze the benchmark standard of measuring maturity in project management.
- Shangri-La Hotels: company management .
- Agile project management: how does academic literature help develop its understanding?
- The organization of international business .
- The PMBOK guidelines: do they prepare managers for handling project risks successfully?
- Information management system: practical solutions .
- Project management methodologies: how do various prevailing project management methodologies correspond with efficacy? Review the US market.
- Subway in the US: management strategies in food industry .
- Software development methodologies: how do organizations justify their choices?
- Teamwork on project management : how important is it in the US healthcare system?
- The concept of change in management .
- Software tools: how do different project management software tools correspond with efficacy in the developed world?
- Establishment of Ruth’s Chris Steak House in London: how to make a restaurant chain international?
- Attitude towards risk: how does project management handle possible risks in the US oil and gas sector?
- Package role in design and planning process .
- Public procurement: what are the associated challenges for project management in the US IT sector?
- Humility and its impact in leadership .
- The stakeholder approach: how does a global perspective picture its overall success in adoption and completion of projects?
- Management: Holistic Response to Client Issues .
- Captiva Conglomerate: management strategies .
- Best project management practices: what does the European financial sector tell us about them?
- Hewlett-Packard: global supply chain management .
- Leadership qualities: does successful project management need them?
Human resource management is one of the most interesting spheres of business. After all, it’s all about people!
There are three major areas of a human resource manager’s responsibilities. They are: staffing, allocating compensation and benefits for employees, and administrating work.
There’s so much you can do as an HR specialist. It’s as people-oriented as a profession can get. It’s always a continuous process, too. You’ll never get bored!
There are a number of questions an HR specialist needs to know the answer to. How to select the best recruits? How to encourage team spirit and teamwork among the employees? How to motivate people? How to appraise and how to punish? All of those questions and more are raised in our selection of human resources research topics!
- Training of employees as a performance enhancer. How does training of employees correspond with their performance? Produce real-life data. Use a questionnaire to identify and determine the workforce needs in an organization. Analyze the data by calculating a simple percentage analysis. How much did employee training influence their performance? Was it cost-effective?
- Performance evaluation and its impact on productivity. How does performance evaluation impact employee productivity? What is its purpose? What is the difference between formal and informal evaluations? How should a performance evaluation be carried out? Describe each of the steps. What is the influence of a poor evaluation on an employee’s morale and their absenteeism rate? Produce real-life data.
- Motivation and its impact on morale. What motivation theories are there? Which are the most popular to utilize in organizations today? What does the process of staff motivation look like? Does it influence employee performance? Produce real-life data. Analyze the data by calculating a simple percentage analysis.
- Performance appraisal and its impact on productivity. What is performance appraisal, and how is it different from performance evaluation / employee motivation? Why is it considered to be crucial for the growth and survival of an organization? What is the role of performance appraisal as a strategic factor? Describe what performance appraisal techniques are used in an organization. How does it impact employee productivity? Produce real-life data.
- Human resource and its relevance in modern business. Why are the effective acquisition, utilization, and maintenance of human resources considered to be central to the growth of an organization? How can executive initiative utilize human resources profitably for an organization? What are the techniques of sustaining and developing human resources in an organization? How to achieve maximum cooperation between staff and management?
- Stress and its impact on the employee performance. What is the effect of stress on workers’ performance? Produce real-life data. Collect data using questionnaires and descriptive survey research design. Present the collected data in tables. Analyze it using simple percentages and frequencies.
- Staff training in business organizations. How to identify the training needs of an organization? What is the role of management in staff training and development? What types of training methods are there? What are the effects of training on employee performance? Produce real-life data.
Here are some of the simpler human resources topics to explore:
- Employee loyalty: what are the main factors that can increase it?
- The cost of prejudice and discrimination on the wprkplace .
- Conflicts in the workplace : how to resolve them? What are the most typical ones?
- Cultural differences: how can human resource managers work around cultural differences in an international company?
- Recruiting students: what are the pros and cons?
- Compensation and benefits are the parts of employment relationship .
- Employees’ education : should a company pay for it?
- Harmful outsourcing of United States jobs .
- Outsourcing and freelance workers: what are the pros and cons?
- Recruitment : what are the opportunities and risks of recruiting new team members?
- How to motivate employees effectively?
- HR managers: how to select, recruit, hire, and educate human resource managers?
- Legal aspects of human resource management .
- Overqualified employees: how should an HR manager deal with an overqualified employee?
- Google company: workforce diversity policy .
- Talent hunting and management: what’s the human resource manager’s role in this process?
- Character types: what character types are there, and how do they affect the team-building process in a company?
- Workplace harassment and bullying: how should a human resource manager deal with such challenges? What strategies of prevention are to be employed?
- Diversity : how can a company encourage it? What is its impact on the dynamics in the workplace?
- Communication: how to make it effective? How does it affect a company’s success?
- Wages : do they affect employee productivity? How to increase employees’ motivation and make it cost-effective?
- Assessing employee performance : what are the best ways to do it? What tools and criteria are there?
- The role of diversity in the workplace .
- Labor laws : what are the most critical issues to be resolved?
- Company data : how to protect it in the age of technology?
- Equal pay : are staff members paid equally, and how can HR managers address this issue?
- Leadership styles .
- Health problems: how can they affect employees’ productivity, and how can HR managers address this issue?
- Riordan Manufacturing: HR marketing services .
- Workplace motivation: what motivates people to work more?
- Mergers and acquisitions : what is the role of an HR specialist in these processes?
- Managing a diverse workforce .
- Employee loyalty: how can HR specialists encourage employee loyalty through developing the job satisfaction factor?
- Organizational burnout of employees .
- Employee retention: which factors contribute to it?
- Salary bonuses: what are their additional benefits? How can an HR specialist identify who is eligible for getting them?
- Strategic human resources : is there global competitiveness on it, and why?
- Human resources market: describe its demand and supply circle.
- Daily childcare: how can it enhance the performance of employees in the company?
- Compensation packages : what are they and what is their function? How can an HR specialist identify who is eligible for getting them?
- Career planning : should it be more people-oriented, or is it to be centered around companies?
- Professional qualities vs. fitting personality: which is more important?
- Performance tests: how are they to be conducted?
- Do remote interviews match in their effectiveness with personal ones?
The Accountancy , Business , and Management (ABM) research focuses on the basic concepts of financial, marketing, and business management. ABM research explores various strategies employed in the business, marketing, and accounting spheres. It helps specialists in the sphere discern which business theories work best when put to practice.
Qualitative research gathers non-numerical data used to uncover customers’ opinions, thoughts, and trends. ABM qualitative studies use focus groups, observations, and interviews. The importance of the qualitative method have been increasingly recognized in the ABM field as a rich in detail and insightful way of analyzing the current market situation.
The nature of business research is the collection, study, and analysis of various business-related data to acquire detailed information and use it to maximize sales and profit of a business. The employed research methods include qualitative and quantitative types. The importance and benefits of business research can’t be overrated.
A marketing research topic is an issue that a researcher is investigating in their marketing research paper. The topic needs to be specific and well-defined to ensure the success of a research project on market and marketing. Selecting a topic is a challenging part of the marketing research.
Learn more on this topic:
- 280 Good Nursing Research Topics & Questions
- 256 Research Topics on Criminal Justice & Criminology
- 224 Research Topics on Technology & Computer Science
- 178 Best Research Titles about Cookery & Food
507 Interesting History Topics to Research
- 193 Best Education Research Topics & Ideas
- 120+ Micro- & Macroeconomics Research Topics
- 201 Research Topics on Psychology & Communication
- 512 Research Topics on HumSS
- 301 Best Health & Medical Research Topics
- 521 Research Questions & Titles about Science
- A List of Research Topics for Students. Unique and Interesting
- Good Research Topics, Titles and Ideas for Your Paper
- Gale Databases: Gale
- Writing a Research Paper: Purdue OWL
- What are the Topics used in Research Starters – Business? EBSCO Connect
- What should be a good topic for research related to Accountancy, Business, and Management? Quora
- The difference between quantitative vs. qualitative research: SurveyMonkey
- Understanding Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research: Medium.com
- PhDs in Business & Management: Five Hot Research Topics (TopUniversities)
- All Topics: Harvard Business Review
- Research topics and projects: QUIT Business School
- Browse All Topics: Harvard Business School
- Market Research: Entrepreneur
- Management Accounting Research: Elsevier
- Accounting Research Tutorial: UF Libraries
- What Is Management Research Actually Good For? Harvard Business Review
- What is Management Research? University of Toronto
- The value of management research to managers: The Conversation
- Human Resources: Harvard Business School
- Research & Surveys: SHRM
- Human Resources in Research: UOttawa
- BA (Hons) Business Studies: University of Stirling
- BA Research: University of Newcastle
- Education Studies BA: UCL Institute of Education
- Areas of Research: PhD in Management, Michigan State University
- Research focus areas in business and government: Victoria University of Wellington
- PhD Subject Groups: Business School, University of Edinburgh
- Research areas: The University of Sydney Business School
- Research topics: Leeds University Business School
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
RESEARCH TITLE ABOUT BUSINESS
Hello, Kevin! Try our Topic Generator .
Recommended for You
512 HumSS Topics: Humanities & Social Science Research
There is a big difference between research conducted in science and humanities. Scholars in humanities and social sciences (HumSS strand) are more interested in questions rather than answers. Interpreting the known facts and looking at them from a new perspective is also a part of research in HumSS. There are...
521 Research Questions & Titles about Science
Do you enjoy revealing the mysteries of nature? There are as many secrets in space as there are deep in the ocean. You may be the one who solves the next puzzle! Natural science focuses on our environment. We try to understand how and why everything around us works. Living...
Did you know that time travel is possible? Researching historical topics allows us to do that. It not only reveals the origins of our existence. It also tells us who we are, and even enables us to glimpse into the future! The process of investigating a topic in history is...
178 Best Research Titles about Cookery & Food
If you think about it carefully, most of our lives are spinning around food. We talk about it all the time: planning what to eat next, recalling the delicious dishes we had before, and even watching culinary shows. The cookery and food industry is the largest one, among others. And...
224 Research Topics on Technology & Computer Science
Are you new to the world of technology? Do you need topics related to technology to write about? No worries, Custom-writing.org experts are here to help! In this article, we offer you a multitude of creative and interesting technology topics from various research areas, including information technology and computer science....
256 Research Topics on Criminal Justice & Criminology
Are you a law school student studying criminal behavior or forensic science? Or maybe just looking for good criminal justice topics, questions, and hypotheses? Look no further! Custom-writing.org experts offer a load of criminology research topics and titles for every occasion. Criminological theories, types of crime, the role of media...
Enhancing Skills of Grade 12 ABM Strand Students through Group Study at Bestlink College of the Philippines, S.Y. 2019–2020
- Eliza Bisnar
- Nickey Fernandez
- Aldien Munez
- Clarisa Labucay
- Franco Natividad
- Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile
Many students have difficulty in understanding a research subject; some students do not know how to construct a research paper and do not have any confidence to defend their research paper. With this research group study, we will teach them how to do research. We will give motivation and advice to all students who get frustrated and pressured on making a research paper. This study will help the students with their difficulties in writing a research paper. A descriptive method was used in this study. This study aimed to identify and enhance the skills of students in their Research subject through the group study ofGrade 12 Accountancy, Business, and Management (ABM) Strandstudents at Bestlink College of the Philippines. Grade 12 ABM students should enhance their research skills. The researchers concluded that the reason why most students are not interested in making a research paper is because of the lack of knowledge. The results showed that this group study can help the students, especially grade 12 ABM students. Most students are not interested and have absenteeism because they do not know about making a research paper. Having good Internet access can allow the students to search about something related to their research.
How to Cite
- Endnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Justin Jake Gacelo, Lory Aguilos, Mariel Ombrog, Daniela Chavez, Glenn Quisol, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Conducting Group Study to Bridge Difficulty in Accounting among Grade 11 ABM Strand Students on Bestlink College of the Philippines, S.Y. 2019–2020 , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Robert Ramos, Anna Rose Rosal, Rovielyn Tabadero, Joy Ann Sullano, Jemma Rose Rufil, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Analysis about Effectiveness of Using Papers as Alternative of Soil Fertilizer in Grade 12 Accountancy, Business, and Management Strand Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Alexandra Delima, Ella Jane Staines, Kristine Joy Tuliao, Rhea Angeline Mata, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Effects of Using Bamboo Stick Straw on Grade 12 ABM Strand Students at Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Jayson Yamat, Johnryan Gernale, Ellah Galicio, Dimple Montealto, Nicole Caballero, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Conducting Business Plan Tutorial among Grade 12 ABM Strand Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Cedric Calderon, Naji Mae Offemaria, Christian Comighod, Belle Llabres, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Conducting Community Service to Lessen Absenteeism Among Grade 12 Students of Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Ralph Aporador, Nicole Hit, Maylyn Abella, Maribel Alas, Aira Sophia Batac, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Improving English Pronunciation by Using Recordings Among Grade 11ABM Strand Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines, S.Y. 2019–2020 , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Jeffrey Villanueva, Maryjane Linao, Jhenielyn Saga, Jerico Acon, Paulo Manansala, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Effects of Gallon Trash Bin on Garbage Disposal of ABM Grade 12 Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Aleah Magno, Mikee Dizon, Kenneth Manalo, Vanessa Leal, Joper Ela, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Advantages of Recycled Plastic Materials in Creating Unique Products in Selected ABM Strand Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Bea Erika Tajan, Shakaira Monique Abunda, Rica Mae Sabatin, Kyla Joy Torres, Jenette Suguitan, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Conducting Innovative Plastic Bottle Pen Holder inGrade 12 ABM Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
- Danmark Claveria, Norilen Ponce, Joanna Marrie Angelo Odato, Joevelyn Joy Ortega, Maria Luz Pedregosa, Kimberly Joyce Borja Embile, Analysis of Benefits of Making Fertilizer by Using Waste Vegetables for Grade 12 ABM Strand Students in Bestlink College of the Philippines , Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research: Vol. 2 No. 1 (2020): Ascendens Asia Singapore – Bestlink College of the Philippines Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Abstracts, Vol.2, No1, March 2020
100 Qualitative Research Paper Topics for Senior High School - ABM & STEM Students (2023)
Published by Ellie Cross at November 1st, 2021 , Revised On May 12, 2022
Selecting an interesting research topic is a very daunting task. And it becomes even more daunting when students are required to pick a topic that is: See Also 13 Great Manga Artists That Made History | Blog | Domestika random acts of kindness on world kindness day pottery barn world - free printable kindness cards kindness activities compliment cards 13+ Free Best Online Embroidery Classes & Courses! ????  5 Best MIDI Keyboards For Garageband In 2023
- Highly specific
- Useful to the larger research community
- Has a lot of material present on it to start with
- Can be supported by enough facts and figures
- Instrumental in closing the ‘research gap’ that already exists around it or within the same field of study.
- Tries to explain the what , why , how , when , where and/or who behind a phenomenon or an event.
Because of all these factors, institutions—schools, colleges and universities alike—pay so much attention to the kind of topics their students will be researching on.
Qualitative research involves describing or explaining an event or a phenomenon without heavily relying on statistical or mathematical practices. Even though some qualitative research papers do make use of such practices to collect data, in the end, they generally rely on summarising and interpreting that data qualitatively.
Did yod know that an eclectic method or mixed-methods approach is a research method that uses both quantitative and qualitative means of data collection and interpretation?
How to choose the correct qualitative research paper topic
Settling on the right qualitative research topic for one’s study depends on answers to some questions and personal student reflections, such as: :
- Can I research this topic in the time I have been given by my school/college/university?
- Is there a research gap that my research will be able to fill?
- Is this topic highly necessary; if I don’t research this topic, will the research community be affected?
- Has this topic been researched before?
- Does this topic support doable, practical research objectives and questions?
- Does my topic lean more towards the quantitative side than the qualitative side?
Such questions, if brainstormed before selecting a topic, will greatly help make the right decision about what kind of research needs to be done.
Still having difficulty choosing the perfect qualitative research topic? Below is a list of 100 qualitative research topics for different types of students.
Qualitative research paper topics for senior high school students
In most countries around the world, high school generally comprises grades from 9th or 10th to 12th grade. The courses taught to students in high school mostly include the ones listed below, along with some unique qualitative research topics for each subject.
- What are the main cultural elements in Charlotte Brontë’s novels? OR How do they reflect modern cultures?
- How does literary language differ from the non-literary language in writing?
- What are the differences between poetry and drama?
- Which Shakespearean play/drama is most relevant to present times and why/how?
- How do Charles Dickens’ writings portray the pre-industrial revolution era?
- Why are Charles Bukowski’s writings negatively criticised?
- Why are coral reefs so important in marine life?
- How do bones in the human body ossify?
- Flora and fauna in deserts: truth or fiction?
- When is exposure to the sun beneficial and harmful to the human body?
- What is mercury poisoning in humans?
- What is the world’s oldest plant/animal species?
- What are the effects and causes of prolonged humidity or lack of rain on land?
- Is global warming getting worse or is it just a myth?
- Why do some plants need water and some don’t?
- Are there any physical benefits of having pets?
- What are ferrofluids?
- How do aluminium and mercury react together? What happens/doesn’t happen?
- What are the properties of aerogel?
- Can metal be smelled? If not, why, and if so, how?
- How can old jewellery be turned into gold bars?
- When does milk become lactose-free?
- Why are some gases odourless and others aren’t?
- How are black holes evolving?
- What is so special about Jupiter’s rings?
- What is the Fermi Paradox and what are the Five Solutions to it?
- Where can the law of entropy be witnessed in action?
- Does the soul have weight? How can it be measured?
- How does the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) work?
- What kind of environments would fission and fusion reactions not hold in?
- What are the major implications of the Civil War in today’s world?
- How did the age of piracy end?
- Which civilisation was advanced and why (Roman, Greek, Incan, etc)?
- What would modern society be like without the two World Wars?
- Which ancient cultures have survived/are still practiced today? How?
- What is the Nova Effect?
- Will AI be the end of humankind?
- Nihilism: good or bad?
- Why is Arthur Schopenhauer considered the ‘darkest’ philosopher of all time?
- Stoicism, Taoism, or Absurdism: which leads to a happier life?
- How does the Amara Effect work in real life?
Arts and design
- Do students learn better in a ‘colourful’ and architecturally rich environment?
- What is the importance of the golden ratio in modern-day design?
- Lefties are more artistic: myth or fact?
- What is the importance of birth order according to Adler’s theory?
- Alcoholism and drug abuse is common in teenagers: why or why not?
- How do the ID, EGO and SUPEREGO shape an adult’s personality according to Freud?
- Why is gratitude considered a sign of happiness in young adults?
- Where do the effects of childhood abuse affect one’s mental well-being in later life stages?
- Bullied children go on to bully others: fact or fiction?
- Why is Bach’s classical music given so much importance?
- Are music and memory connected? How?
- What are Beethoven’s contributions to present-day orchestral music?
Qualitative research paper topics for ABM students
This group of students comprises those who belong to the field of accountancy, business and management. Even though the following topics have been mentioned for each field separately, some of them can be mixed and matched. Because each field in ABM might make use of other, surrounding fields during its research process. This is all because of a simple fact: such fields are very inter-connected.
- Will Blockchain improve the future of accounting? Why or why not?
- How has the COVID-19 situation affected accountancy firms globally?
- Is cryptocurrency the solution to all the financial issues of today’s consumerist society? Why/why not or how?
- What are some important ethical considerations involved in discretionary accruals?
- What will an accounting firm be like without interest rates?
- Do international firms like Coke or Nestle have a better accountancy workforce than local vendors? Why or why not?
- How can someone launch their own business during the current COVID-19 pandemic? How is it different than launching a business any other time of the year?
- Is the AI business model the most integrated business approach model out there right now? Why/why not or how?
- What is the importance of language in communicating business goals, reaching the target audience, etc.?
- Which business ethics’ theories are followed most rigorously by contemporary businesses and why?
- When do businesses like Amazon or Shopify least benefit or affect the general public or other businesses?
- What is the relation between career and talent management?
- Which affects management more: process planning or project planning? Why or how?
- Does organisational leadership affect management in small companies? How?
- Where is construction management most useful?
- How will an organisation be affected without brand management?
Qualitative research paper topics for STEM students
STEM students belong to the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Same as ABM, STEM research topics can also be mixed and matched with one another. Since the STEM fields are also highly intertwined with each one, it becomes difficult to tell sometimes what kind of topics are solely for one field or the other.
For instance, a topic related to global warming can be considered merely scientific. But then again, fields like technology, engineering and mathematics are all different faces of science. So, while discussing the effects of global warming, a student might find themselves discussing how technological advancements can help prevent excessive damage caused by global warming worldwide.
Similarly, mathematics is heavily used in the field of engineering. So, research from one field doesn’t necessarily have to rely on that field alone. It can go on to join with other related fields, too.
The following topics, therefore, might be combined with others to create a whole new topic. Or they can also be used as they are.
- Is terraforming on Mars (and possibly on other planets too) a good or bad move? Why?
- How do black holes affect supernovas?
- Can ice caps melting from global warming be artificially preserved to stop the spread of viruses living under the snow?
- How has the earth changed in the last 100 years?
- What is the relation between climate change and flora and fauna growth?
- Are science and religion two sides of the same coin? Why or why not?
- The scientific inquiry leads to more questions than answers: fact or fiction?
- Scientific inventions have destroyed more than created. Is that so? Why or why not?
- What is the most likely future of energy, be it solar or otherwise?
- What is the importance of dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) in helping patients?
- What are the negative implications of machine learning in today’s world?
- How has information technology (IT) revolutionised the medical world in the last couple of years?
- Wireless technology or AI: which is better and why?
- What is blockchain technology? Or Why is it important?
- Should nanotechnology be adopted in different spheres of life? Why or why not?
- How has Python revolutionised the world of technology in contemporary society?
- What are some important future trends in industrial robotics?
- How has aerospace engineering helped scientists and engineers discover all they have about space?
- Where does civil engineering play an important part in construction?
- Where are industrial pneumatics used mostly these days and how?
- Why is mechanical design so important in a product’s development process?
- Which household use engineering products run on thermodynamics and how?
- What are the fundamentals of submarine engineering?
- How do hydroelectric power plants function?
- How do modern construction workers and/or designers make use of the Fibonacci sequence?
- How do mathematical calculations help determine the endpoint of the universe?
- How do spacecraft make use of basic math in their construction and working?
- What is the role of maths in data science?
- Where are mathematical computations used in game development?
- Is contemporary mathematical knowledge and practices etc. based on Vedic math? Why/why not or how?
- Can architects work without the use of geometry? Why or why not?
Explore further: Check out the top 10 tips every emerging qualitative researcher ought to know about before beginning their research.
Selecting a research topic is the first and therefore, perhaps the hardest step in the research process. Qualitative research involves using more descriptive, non-statistical and/or non-mathematical practices to collect and interpret data.
There are a couple of important things that should be considered before finalising a research topic, such as whether it’s practical, doable within the assigned time, etc.
There are many different types of qualitative research topics that high school students, ABM (accountancy, business, management) and STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) students can uptake these days, especially with new knowledge being published each day in different fields. However, there is still always more to be discovered, explored and explained.
Selecting a qualitative research topic for senior high school, ABM, or STEM students is made easier when the close relationship between these fields is considered. Since they’re all so interconnected, a topic from one field is bound to include elements of another, closely related field. Such topics can therefore be mixed and matched to create a whole new topic!
What are the research topic related to ABM Strand? ›
Let's single out the five of the trendiest areas of ABM research. They are: business, marketing, accounting, project management, and human resources .
- Observation Notes. Observation is an important method of qualitative data collection. ...
- Semi-structured interviews. ...
- Open-ended survey. ...
- Participant diaries or journals. ...
- Portfolios of evidence. ...
- Concept Maps. ...
- Case Studies. ...
- Focus Groups.
We have chosen the following topics so that you can develop your research easily; Drug addiction, the technological age, young entrepreneurs, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, eating disorders, the environment, pregnancy in adolescence, causes of death in young people, bullying and finally the methods of ...
Interviews, for example, are common in both modes of research. An interview with students that features open-ended questions intended to reveal ideas and beliefs around attendance will provide qualitative data.
- Current trends in consumer behavior.
- Innovative management.
- Company rituals and corporate culture.
- Negotiation and diplomacy.
- Effective advertising.
- International trade trends in the USA.
- Geo-arbitrage and business success.
- Advantages of increasing brand awareness.
Qualitative research in Accounting and Business Management It provides insight into the problem or helps to develop hypotheses for potential quantitative research . Qualitative Research is also used to uncover trends in thought and opinions, and dive deeper into the problem.
It was found out that the difficulties faced by ABM students are time management, problem-solving and school works. Furthermore, this study revealed that students suffered from difficulties as caused by anxiety on the subject topics, and lack of knowledge and solutions to counteract are the problem.
Quantitative research gives busy entrepreneurs the ability to collect large volumes of data quickly and efficiently, providing a generalised view of your target demographic beyond your survey participants . The analysis and result of a survey can also be processed with speed too.
7 Fun Writing Activities for Reluctant Writers
10 Interesting Facts About William Blake
MIDI to WAV - Convert your MIDI to WAV for Free Online
Elvish :: Name Translations :: Girls' Names
How Quickly Can Jameson Williams Become an All-Pro?
Explore Chicago with Escape Campervans: Your Gateway to Adventure
Discover the Best Car Rental Experience in Palermo with Hertz
Svelando il Mistero di Mavis Beacon: La Vera Storia dietro l'Icona dell'Insegnamento alla Digitazione
Come Ripristinare i Sims in Sims 4 con Trucchi
Linee Guida della Comunità Discord: Creando un Ambiente Sicuro e Accogliente
Certainly, here's the article you requested:
Come Resettare le Tombe in The Sims 3: Una Guida Dettagliata
Author : Fredrick Kertzmann
Last Updated : 30/12/2023
Views : 6105
Rating : 4.6 / 5 (46 voted)
Reviews : 85% of readers found this page helpful
Name : Fredrick Kertzmann
Birthday : 2000-04-29
Address : Apt. 203 613 Huels Gateway, Ralphtown, LA 40204
Phone : +2135150832870
Job : Regional Design Producer
Hobby : Nordic skating, Lacemaking, Mountain biking, Rowing, Gardening, Water sports, role-playing games
Introduction : My name is Fredrick Kertzmann, I am a gleaming, encouraging, inexpensive, thankful, tender, quaint, precious person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.
Without advertising income, we can't keep making this site awesome for you.
404 Not found
Ph.D. Student Angeline Aguinaldo Wins Best Paper Award at AAAI Fall Symposium
Angeline Aguinaldo , a computer science Ph.D. student at the University of Maryland, received a Best Paper Award for her research in the field of robotic representation at the 2023 Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI ) Fall Symposium on Unifying Representations for Robot Application Development, held in Arlington, Virginia, from October 25 to 27, 2023. Her paper, titled “ A Categorical Representation Language and Computational System for Knowledge-Based Robotic Task Planning ,” made a notable contribution to AI planning.
In addition to Aguinaldo, collaborators on the research included UMD Computer Science Professor and Director of the Institute for Systems Research William Regli , Topos Institute Research Scientist Evan Patterson , and University of Florida Assistant Professor James Fairbanks and Associate Professor Jaime Ruiz .
Aguinaldo's work has clear advantages compared with traditional planning methods, particularly in dealing with hidden conditions and outcomes. It offers a more organized framework for solving problems in robotics, ultimately leading to more efficient and dependable planning systems.
Aguinaldo's paper offers a fresh perspective on traditional planning languages used in robotics. It tackles the challenges these languages face in dealing with hidden changes in the world using concise action descriptions. Her approach draws upon category theory concepts, a powerful tool for expressing and analyzing mathematical ideas across different areas of study.
Her research formalizes the meaning of statements based on a user-defined framework, ensuring that the meaning remains consistent when the robot transitions between different situations. This method provides a structured way to understand complex scenarios and update plans.
Aguinaldo views the recognition as a significant step in her journey within the field of robotics.
“Winning the award was exciting, and it felt like a strong validation of my work and the unconventional path I chose to explore category theory as a solution to robotic representation problems,” Aguinaldo said. “The recognition fueled my confidence in the potential of this mathematical framework to manage and update complex scenes in AI planning. It was gratifying to see the community acknowledge and support my interest in a direction that, I believe, could shape the future of robotic task planning.”
Her research has the potential to impact society by improving the deployment of robots in practical applications.
“The implications of this work are substantial for the future of robotics,” Aguinaldo said. “It could greatly enhance the practical deployment of robots in real-world tasks, where managing complexity and implicit ontological conditions are crucial.”
Aguinaldo's research may inspire future generations of roboticists and advance the field into new dimensions of possibility.
"About four years ago, I introduced Angeline to concepts from the field of category theory, thinking there might be potential for exploring its use as a mathematical technique to enhance interoperability," said Regli, Aguinaldo's advisor. "We had a project funded by the Advanced Robotics and Manufacturing Institute that aimed to examine interoperability in the context of robotics. With this background, Angeline began working on this and has been demonstrating how these ideas could be applied to practical problems."
Founded in 1979, AAAI is a prominent scientific society focused on advancing the understanding of the mechanisms underlying thought and intelligent behavior and their application in machines.
Story by Samuel Malede Zewdu, CS Communications
The Department welcomes comments, suggestions and corrections. Send email to editor [-at-] cs [dot] umd [dot] edu .
Skip to Content
Should AI read your college essay? It’s complicated
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Facebook
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via E-mail
In a new study, researchers developed a series of artificial intelligence tools that can scan through essays in college applications, picking out evidence of key personal traits. That includes qualities like leadership and perseverance.
The team also designed the tools not to show a preference for applicants from particular racial or gender backgrounds—avoiding the “algorithmic bias” that plagues many AI systems, such as some facial recognition software .
The study was led by researchers from CU Boulder and University of Pennsylvania and was published in October in the journal “Science Advances.”
“Our paper shows that AI doesn’t need to be a biased black box as it has been in a lot of other situations,” said Benjamin Lira, a doctoral student in psychology at UPenn and first author of the study. “You can actually have AI that advances the aims of holistic admissions, which looks at applicants as a whole and not just their grades or test scores.”
These tools should never replace experienced, feeling admissions officers and are not currently in use at any college, said study co-author Sidney D’Mello. But, under the right circumstances, AI could help admissions officers identify promising future students who may have previously gone unnoticed amid thousands of applications.
“We advocate for transparency, where the AI provides explanations and clearly communicates when it is less confident in its decisions,” said D’Mello, professor in the Institute of Cognitive Science and Department of Computer Science at CU Boulder. “People can then decide for themselves how much they should trust it.”
‘I like cheese’
The research drills down on what may be the secret sauce for college admissions: When it comes to personal essays, what are colleges and universities looking for? Even experienced admissions officers don’t always agree on that point—or even with each other, Lira said.
“Humans have limitations,” he said. “You’re not going to read the first essay of the day in the same you read the last one before lunch.”
In their latest research, he and his colleagues set out to see if they could use AI to try to make that process more reliable. To do that, the team tapped into a mountain of data—more than 300,000 (completely anonymous) applications that prospective students had submitted to colleges in the U.S. in 2008 and 2009. Each included a 150-word essay that applicants wrote about their extracurricular activities or work experiences.
First, the team recruited a cohort of real admissions officers to read a sample of these essays. The professionals scored the essays for evidence of seven traits that colleges might want to see in incoming freshmen. They included intrinsic motivation (“Running track is so much more than a sport to me”) and what the researchers call “prosocial purpose,” or the willingness to help others (“Helping children realize their hidden talents is one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had”). The team also trained undergraduate students to identify evidence of those traits in the essays based on existing theories and research on personal qualities.
The researchers fed those insights into a series of AI platforms called large language models to train them to identify evidence of personal qualities going beyond simple word spotting.
Afterward, when the AI platforms read new essays, their results largely lined up with the judgements of the human readers. The AI also seemed to assign beneficial personal qualities evenly across applicants from all demographic backgrounds—although, echoing previous findings, female writers were slightly more likely to demonstrate prosocial purpose than males.
“If I say ‘I donated clothing to a homeless shelter,’ the AI will tell me that it has a 99.8% probability of showing prosocial purpose,” Lira said. “But if I say something like ‘I like cheese,’ that drops to less than 1%.”
What really surprised the researchers, however, was just how important the language embedded in even these short essays seemed to be.
Students whose essays showed evidence of leadership, for example, were more likely to graduate from college in six years than those who didn’t—even after the researchers accounted for the applicants’ test scores, demographics and a host of other factors. The relationship was small but could still provide colleges with clues to help their students, said study-co-author Stephen Hutt, who earned his doctorate degree in computer science from CU Boulder in 2020.
“We could actually use these college applications to inform the retention models that universities employ to identify at-risk students much sooner, getting them support in their freshman year, rather than waiting until after,” said Hutt, now an assistant professor at the University of Denver. For D’Mello, the study shows how much information is hiding in human language—if you only know where to look.
“I was amazed by how a 150-word open-ended response contained sufficient information on whether a student would graduate college six years later,” he said. “Language is really an amazing thing.”
- Science & Technology
How animals get their stripes and spots
How will AI shape the next generation?
Researchers to test Einstein’s predictions of general relativity atop Rocky Mountains
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Climate & Environment
- Education & Outreach
- Health & Society
- Law & Politics
- Announcements & Deadlines
- Career Development
- Getting Involved
- Mind & Body
Events & Exhibits
- Arts & Culture
- Lectures & Presentations
- Performances & Concerts
- Sports & Recreation
- Workshops & Seminars
Subscribe to CUBT
Sign up for Alerts
Buff Bulletin Board