sukanya samriddhi interest rate | sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator
Hello friends. Hope everybody is doing well. Friends Although there is not much difference between a boy and a girl in today’s society, a large part of the society is still very worried about the birth of a daughter in the family. Basically this thought is about the marriage of the daughter. That’s why today we are going to inform you about a scheme to get rid of that worry. Upon taking advantages of the scheme, the future of your daughter will be completely secured. Yes, friends, today we are going to discuss about Sukanya Samridhi Yojana. So, keep reading this post to know everything in detail about Sukanya Samridhi Yojana.
Sukanya Samridhi Yojana – Best Scheme for Girl Child
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small savings scheme launched by the Government of India. The project was launched in 2015 by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. The plan emphasizes encouraging parents to raise funds for their daughter’s future education and marriage expenses. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is part of Betty Bachao, Betty Padaho project. The scheme can be availed by opening Sukanya Samriddhi account at any bank or post office.
Who can open Sukanya Samriddhi account?
Below are the conditions for opening a Sukanya Samriddhi account.
- A guardian of the girl child can open this account in the name of her daughter. However, you have to open a Sukanya Samriddhi account before the girl reaches to the age of 10, .
- Only one account can be opened across the country, including banks and post offices.
- For a family, this account can be opened for a maximum of two daughters. However, in case of twins or trio, more than two accounts can be opened.
Sukanya Samriddhi Interest Rate
- The current interest rate of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account is 8.0% per annum.
- There is no income tax on interest earned from this account.
Some other information about Sukanya Samriddhi account
- This account can be opened with a minimum initial deposit of Rs.250.
- Up to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000 can be deposited in this account in a financial year.
- You can deposit this money at once and also in installments as per your convenience.
- You can deposit money in this account for a maximum period of 15 years from the time of opening the account. This means that if you have to deposit money in this account for a maximum of 15 years, then you have to open this account before the girl child reaches the age of six.
Maturity period of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- 21 years after opening of the account.
- If the daughter is married (at the time of marriage the daughter must be 18 or older).
How much return one can get from Sukanya Samridhi Yojana?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator 2023
According to one calculation, if you open the Sukanya Samriddhi Account, when your daughter is 1 year old and deposit Rs. 12,500 per month or Rs. 1,50,000 per year, then after 21 years i.e. at the time of maturity you will get the total of Rs. 63,79,635. In this case you are depositing only Rs. 22,50,000 and you are getting interest of Rs. 41,29,635 on the money you have deposited.
How to withdraw money from Sukanya Samridhi account ?
- Money can be withdrawn from Sukanya Samriddhi account if the girl child reaches the age of 18 or she has passed the 10th standard.
- Withdrawals can be made up to 50% of the balance of the previous financial year.
How to withdraw money before maturity ?
In special cases, you can close this account even before maturity (5 years after opening the account). Those situations are: –
- In case of death of the person in whose name the account was opened.
- If there is any fatal disease in whose name the account is.
- In case of death of the guardian who is maintaining the account.
How to open Sukanya Samridhi account ?
- Download the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana form.
- Then go to your nearest post office by filling in all the information in this form. (Or you can go to the post office and collect this form.)
- Documents required for opening of Sukanya Samriddhi Account: –
- Aadhaar card of the guardian in whose name the account will be opened.
- PAN card of the guardian in whose name the account will be opened.
- Voter card of the guardian in whose name the account will be opened
- Passport size photo of the person in whose name the account will be opened
- Birth certificate of the person in whose name the account will be opened.
- The amount of money that will be deposited first when opening Sukanya Samrudhi account. The minimum deposit amount is 250 rupees.
- Then, go to the counter and tell the person in the counter that you want to open a Sukanya Samriddhi account and submit the form, required documents and money. After that, your daughter’s Sukanya Samriddhi account be activated.
Sukanya Samriddhi is obviously one of the best schemes launched by the Government of India for Girl Child. Hence, the parents of girl child must take the advantages of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
If you have any questions about Sukanya Samriddhi or any other topic, please comment or email us at our email id [email protected]. And if you like the post, share it with others and give others a chance to know.
Also Read: –
PPF Account – Features, Benefits, Interest Rate, Maturity | Public Provident Fund Account in Details